Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's a beautiful day here in Bellville! Well, except for my yard...and my pool. My pool is as green as I wish my lawn was.:D And it's time to mow the lawn...and Elizabeth wants to plant the garden. Busy, busy, busy!

Today is Nancy's mom's birthday, and I think Mrs. Hilda wants a boiled hot dog for her birthday LOL. She catered a hundred weddings in the past, but she certainly doesn't have fancy taste in food for herself. :D

I was watching The Princess Bride Tuesday night, and my eyes were always drawn to the Santa Claus on the wall behind Fred Savage's character. It's like I always tell my kids; you can find Christmas anywhere, if you look for it.

I hope y'all have a great day! :)
Funny thing I thought of about your green pool... Since I moved north I have seen more pools up here than I ever saw down south. I dont get it, there is only like 3 months of pool usage up here and the cost of upkeep is crazy for that short of time.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Funny thing I thought of about your green pool... Since I moved north I have seen more pools up here than I ever saw down south. I dont get it, there is only like 3 months of pool usage up here and the cost of upkeep is crazy for that short of time.
The pools are drained, the pipes blown out, and the perimeters are winterized. It isn't a major expense.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
So while they were changing our Winter tires, they noticed that our brakes need work. We were due for an inspection soon anyway, so Monday I have to bring the car back for the full look-over. Hoping most of the work and pieces are still under warranty. I am discovering the joys of being a car owner.
I hope the repairs aren't too expensive!!!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
The pools are drained, the pipes blown out, and the perimeters are winterized. It isn't a major expense.
Yule, so do you pay for your pool to be refilled every year? I have seen ads around here for people that will bring a tanker of water to fill pools for around 300.00- 500.00.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a great evening!!!!

Clouds are moving in here...hopefully severe storms will miss us! xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's a beautiful day here in Bellville! Well, except for my yard...and my pool. My pool is as green as I wish my lawn was.:D And it's time to mow the lawn...and Elizabeth wants to plant the garden. Busy, busy, busy!

Today is Nancy's mom's birthday, and I think Mrs. Hilda wants a boiled hot dog for her birthday LOL. She catered a hundred weddings in the past, but she certainly doesn't have fancy taste in food for herself. :D

I was watching The Princess Bride Tuesday night, and my eyes were always drawn to the Santa Claus on the wall behind Fred Savage's character. It's like I always tell my kids; you can find Christmas anywhere, if you look for it.

I hope y'all have a great day! :)

Sending Happy Birthday wishes for Mrs. Hilda!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good evening, friends.

I've been dreaming of Christmas. In fact, the past two nights Christmas has taken over my sleep. Christmas sights and sounds were everywhere. As always, it was a magical (and mystical during this sleep) place.

I thought I would be ready to start counting down at the beginning of the New Year. Instead, it has taken me more than three and a half months. My apologies. I look forward to counting down with you again, from now on.

I hope you all have had some marvellous milestones thus far. I'm jumping back on the Christmas Countdown Express!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good evening, friends.

I've been dreaming of Christmas. In fact, the past two nights Christmas has taken over my sleep. Christmas sights and sounds were everywhere. As always, it was a magical (and mystical during this sleep) place.

I thought I would be ready to start counting down at the beginning of the New Year. Instead, it has taken me more than three and a half months. My apologies. I look forward to counting down with you again, from now on.

I hope you all have had some marvellous milestones thus far. I'm jumping back on the Christmas Countdown Express!
Welcome back, Brent.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good evening, friends.

Nice to see you Brent! ::wave

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good evening, friends.

Welcome back Brent. We are making great progress in the count!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning and TGIF! I'm glad it's Friday. It's been a very busy week. I'm looking forward to a little down time this weekend. It's a rainy Friday morning here but as I've said before I'll take a rainy Friday over a sunny Monday. Rollins kept me up half the night. Not sure why he wasn't tired but he just kept getting up and wanting to playing and barking at any tiny noise he heard. Luckily I don't feel too tired and it's almost the weekend. Anyone with any fun plans for the weekend? Have a great TGIF!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Friday!
It's going to be mostly cloudy today, chance of a thunderstorm with a high of 55 degrees. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes before everyone else wakes up. I'm working on a menu plan and grocery list for next week. I have a couple of errands to run later, I need to pick up a couple of things at Rite Aid and then I'm going to the butcher. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. I also plan on taking a ride to Barnes & Noble later this afternoon to browse. I'm going to order Chinese Food for the girls and I for dinner and I have a rib steak out for my hubby. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, my Friends.
Welcome to another day at MMC, the friendliest and most Christmas-supportive site on the entire internet!

One of the traditons we observe here is the daily count and the thrill it and our Milestone markers bring.
As such, we present today's numbers:
Days to the Season: 206
Days to Christmas Day: 248

Now, about those exciting Milestones, TWO of which are just around the corner:
1) The 200-day Season Window -- now a day UNDER a week away!
2) The one-third Christmas Day marker -- just FIVE days off!
(Closing in, Guys!)

Much warmer yesterday. Cloudy in the morning but quite sunny by the afternoon.
(This is a good time of year for warm weather because the humidity has yet to kick in.)
We are at 68 sunny degrees here, currently.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wondrous Weekend Eve, Folks!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Morning and TGIF! I'm glad it's Friday. It's been a very busy week. I'm looking forward to a little down time this weekend. It's a rainy Friday morning here but as I've said before I'll take a rainy Friday over a sunny Monday. Rollins kept me up half the night. Not sure why he wasn't tired but he just kept getting up and wanting to playing and barking at any tiny noise he heard. Luckily I don't feel too tired and it's almost the weekend. Anyone with any fun plans for the weekend? Have a great TGIF!
We're lucky that once in the bedroom, Loki sleeps easily. He was grumbling at hearing people talking outside at the end of the Canadiens/Rangers game last night but that's about it. Hope you get a restfull weekend to make up for the busy week and Rollins keeping you awake.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ~
Happy Friday!
It's going to be mostly cloudy today, chance of a thunderstorm with a high of 55 degrees. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes before everyone else wakes up. I'm working on a menu plan and grocery list for next week. I have a couple of errands to run later, I need to pick up a couple of things at Rite Aid and then I'm going to the butcher. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. I also plan on taking a ride to Barnes & Noble later this afternoon to browse. I'm going to order Chinese Food for the girls and I for dinner and I have a rib steak out for my hubby. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
Chinese food sounds great, enjoy your evening with your family. Hope you find something good at Barnes and Noble.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! Another rainy day here. I ended up doing nothing yesterday so I have to get some cleaning done today. So it turns out that our car brakes are done and with other minor work and our Winter tires being changed, the bill will be around 1200$ (ouch). I budget for car maintenance, so we're ok with that. Now we're looking at sunny destinations for a vacation late May. Anyone have any recommentations? I'm asking everybody I know. I've never ever been by the ocean but my husband has when he was younger. Hopefully we find something not too pricey. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image