Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Day 5 Special Post
2 years ago when I wrote a special post I wrote about memories that I had. Today I would like to talk to you all about the reasons I love the Christmas Season. The world just seems like a better place during the Christmas Season. There's something very special about walking into a mall with Christmas music playing. Everyone just seems a little happier and nicer. There's something special about walking around the neighborhood at night seeing all the houses lit with Christmas lights. And there is something very peaceful about sitting, on a dark December night, right next to my lit Christmas tree with a Christmas show on. There is something amazing about sitting down with my family on Christmas Eve for dinner, the biggest dinner of the year. There is something that still makes me feel like I'm 5 years old when I wake up on Christmas morning and realize it's Christmas. I have felt this way for a long time, and the older I've gotten the more strongly I've felt about all of these things. But the truth is without all of you I would not be able to keep it alive all year like I am able to thanks to you. I know some of us come and go during the year and we all get busy in our lives but it's nice to visit every day and see some of the familiar names posting about their daily lives, what time of year is coming up next, and little thoughts we have randomly throughout the year about the upcoming Christmas Season. Well today all I can say is that believe it or not we have arrived. We're here. The 300+ day wait that we've had is just about to end. We all know time is impossible to slow down but the only thing that I can tell you is the one way that I've learned to slow it down (just a little) is by enjoying the little things. Make an effort to stop at some point every day during the Christmas Season and look at your Christmas tree for 10 minutes, or put on a Christmas cartoon for a half hour, or take the long route to work and play an extra Christmas song in your car. Enjoy it. We can't get this back once it's gone. But I do hope that we all will have many more years of Christmas Seasons ahead together to build up to and enjoy together. Merry Christmas to all of you. It feels amazing to be able to say that we're here...but we are.​

Edge, well done! Thank you for the contributions you make towards this site on this thread, as well as your thread! I truly enjoy reading your posts! Merry Christmas, friend!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Good evening, Christmas friends. I can't believe we have come this far and here we are at the special posts. Amazing!

Things are pretty laid back here this week, but next week will be pretty hectic. Between football and basketball going at the same time, a board meeting, two trips to a clinic for one of my girls, and a trip to Little Rock...it is going to be a busy week heading into Thanksgiving week...but I'm so ready!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good evening, Christmas friends. I can't believe we have come this far and here we are at the special posts. Amazing!

Things are pretty laid back here this week, but next week will be pretty hectic. Between football and basketball going at the same time, a board meeting, two trips to a clinic for one of my girls, and a trip to Little Rock...it is going to be a busy week heading into Thanksgiving week...but I'm so ready!

It never stops, eh, coach? I feel that way with teaching/coaching, too... and I don't even have any kids! Enjoy the busy-ness and good luck with finishing football and starting basketball simultaneously. Your well-deserved Thanksgiving break is so close!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Frames

Frame: That which holds a special memory

Here, we frame past and new memories around a season in which countless special moments are captured and shared.

Frame: To put into conjecture an idea or subject

With friends, old and new, we perpetuate and frame the ideal that at this special time of year, there is a feeling of good will, of hope, and of peace. And we frame this ideal not just for a few weeks when the rest of the world does, but all year.

Frame: That which establishes an outlying to build upon and create a new structure

We join together, strangers really, far flung across the globe, united in framing something unique: A community where we celebrate with each other the daily joy and remarkable sorrows, and especially, a joint passion for a season that is somehow able to do what seems impossible today: create a community of sharing and love. And we continuously expand this by welcoming in new believers in this mission.

Frame:

And I again repeat the refrain: In a world surely gone mad, we are able to join together and share a great happiness and frame the conversation that it is perfectly fine to love the holiday season and to share that love with each other.

And so it has come to this: four days until the season.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Everyone! Just did a follow-up yesterday with another Dr. who tried to reassure me that he thinks I am fine. All my tests came back "perfect" he said and the craziness I went through Monday into Tuesday has almost completely gone away to where I feel almost 100%. Still I'm not pushing it too far or too much and trying to build myself back to normal. Well everyone enjoy your Friday Eve and thanks for the post Binger!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Special-Post Readers and Christmas Season Lovers!

Yes my Friends, we are truly in the midst of the most wonderful five day period of the rolling year.

And things just keep getting better!
Today's numbers, presented for your enjoyment:
Days to the Season: 4 (BARELY OVER HALF A WEEK!)
Days to Thanksgiving: 14 (TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 46 (Just over 6 1/2 weeks to go!)

(Excitement crackles the air, Folks!)

Chilly and rainy yesterday.
Chilly and rainy again this morning, where we stand at 46 degrees here in the capital city.
And we are going to be staying in a rather cold and dreary weather situation for the remainder of the week, I'm afraid.

The remaining Special Post Series:
Nov. 09 (Day 4 before the Season) = Binger (Beautifully posted above!)
Nov. 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = NcGunny
Nov. 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = Ballcoach
Nov. 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Christmasstar

Have a Thoroughly Thrilling Thursday, Everyone!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Frames

Here, we frame past and new memories around a season in which countless special moments are captured and shared.

With friends, old and new, we perpetuate and frame the ideal that at this special time of year, there is a feeling of good will, of hope, and of peace. And we frame this ideal not just for a few weeks when the rest of the world does, but all year.

Frame: That which establishes an outlying to build upon and create a new structure

We join together, strangers really, far flung across the globe, united in framing something unique: A community where we celebrate with each other the daily joy and remarkable sorrows, and especially, a joint passion for a season that is somehow able to do what seems impossible today: create a community of sharing and love. And we continuously expand this by welcoming in new believers in this mission.

Frame:

And I again repeat the refrain: In a world surely gone mad, we are able to join together and share a great happiness and frame the conversation that it is perfectly fine to love the holiday season and to share that love with each other.

So nicely stated, my friend. You have an excellent way with words.
And what a beautiful framework we have created here for all to enjoy and participate in!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Special-Post Readers and Christmas Season Lovers!

Yes my Friends, we are truly in the midst of the most wonderful five day period of the rolling year.

And things just keep getting better!
Today's numbers, presented for your enjoyment:
Days to the Season: 4 (BARELY OVER HALF A WEEK!)
Days to Thanksgiving: 14 (TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 46 (Just over 6 1/2 weeks to go!)

(Excitement crackles the air, Folks!)

Chilly and rainy yesterday.
Chilly and rainy again this morning, where we stand at 46 degrees here in the capital city.
And we are going to be staying in a rather cold and dreary weather situation for the remainder of the week, I'm afraid.

The remaining Special Post Series:
Nov. 09 (Day 4 before the Season) = Binger (Beautifully posted above!)
Nov. 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = NcGunny
Nov. 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = Ballcoach
Nov. 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Christmasstar

Have a Thoroughly Thrilling Thursday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! The Season is truly about to hit us and hit us hard!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Frames

Frame:

Beautiful Binger. Merry Christmas!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Morning Everyone! Just did a follow-up yesterday with another Dr. who tried to reassure me that he thinks I am fine. All my tests came back "perfect" he said and the craziness I went through Monday into Tuesday has almost completely gone away to where I feel almost 100%. Still I'm not pushing it too far or too much and trying to build myself back to normal. Well everyone enjoy your Friday Eve and thanks for the post Binger!

I’m so glad you’re feeling better and that your tests came back good. I hope I’m just as lucky, I’m going for a cardiac mri and an angiogram next week.
Have a great day Edge :)

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Thursday!
It’s going to be partly sunny today with highs near 53 degrees. It’s supposed to be much cooler tomorrow, only mid 30’s. Not too much going on here. I just have to make a Target run and then I’ll be working on some chores around the house. I also have to take a ride to the DMV with my daughter at some point, she bought herself a new car yesterday and needs to surrender the old plates. Dinner will be chicken pot pies. That’s about it for me.
I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
xx

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Frames

Frame:

Thanks, Binger!! Such a great post.

Great news, Edge...happy to hear it! Today is my Friday! Have a great day!

I’m so glad you’re feeling better and that your tests came back good. I hope I’m just as lucky, I’m going for a cardiac mri and an angiogram next week.
Have a great day Edge :)
Prayers for you, HMG!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Frames

Frame:

Thank you ... well thought out!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! Merry Friday Eve!! We had another frosty start to the day! So pretty!!! :) I had a message from the weather channel this morning to expect very cold conditions tomorrow night!! Brrrr!

Our family meeting went well last night! We are going to have a gathering for Thanksgiving at my sisters house. If mom isn't able to make it, we'll take turns staying with her & of course bring her a meal! :) BUT hopefully she can come! Another sister is going to host Christmas Eve & I am going to host candy day!!! I'm really excited - I've never hosted candy day before!!! :) :cool: AND since my sis offered to host T-day I can start on my tree ONE WEEK from today!! YIPPEE!!! (Still makes me nervous what Little Lu is going to do to it!! :eek:)

Everyone, have a fantastic day!!! Looking forward to reading special post #2!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Thursday!! Today is my Friday...looking forward to a long weekend. Looks like it is going to be a cold weekend but I am ready for some colder weather until Jan 2nd then it can warm up...lol
Hope you all have a great day!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Thursday!! Today is my Friday...looking forward to a long weekend. Looks like it is going to be a cold weekend but I am ready for some colder weather until Jan 2nd then it can warm up...lol
Hope you all have a great day!
Good for you! Enjoy your long weekend!
(I'm taking Monday off to work on my holidays to-do list, and I hardly know where to start!)

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Just watched the pizza delivery boy drop my XL double everything pizza in the driveway. Of course it fell out of the box and landed updside down!!...cant wait for today to be over with.
OOPS!!!! Sorry, but that did make me chuckle! I hope you got a new pizza!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image