Not open for further replies.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
DAY 3 SPECIAL POST
I usually try to pick November 10th so I can say " Happy Birthday USMC!!!"
What makes Christmas such a special time of the year? Most of us agree that it is many traditional things combined that makes it such a special time of year. Family,friends,food and music. Television shows that we loved as kids start to appear, and the people we meet seem to be in a better mood. The burdens from the year slowly ebb away and are replaced with everything Christmas related. I was reminded the other day while I was putting up some decorations of what Christmas means to a child. The boys would each hold something and wait their turn to hand it to me to be put on a shelf or the wall. I could literally see them shaking in anticipation of where the next object would be placed.
I believe deep down we each try to recapture the feeling of our childhood and everything else comes after that. Here on MMC we each get to enjoy whatever holiday/season we love, and people dont care if you decorate for the Christmas in July..lol!
A very beautiful,wise lady once told me when I was a teen that I could "Do..Become..or go anywhere in the world" I wanted to. For many years I know what I became and what I did and certainly where I went upset her. But we always found a better time when I could get home for Christmas and share the holiday memories and make new ones.
So for my Grandmother this year:
" You have been gone for many years now. I want you to know that I did what I was destined to do, I became what everybody knew I was destined to become, and I have went everywhere in the world I have wanted to." So what is it that I have become? A true lover of everything Christmas!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
DAY 3 SPECIAL POST
What makes Christmas such a special time of the year? Most of us agree that it is many traditional things combined that makes it such a special time of year. Family,friends,food and music. Television shows that we loved as kids start to appear, and the people we meet seem to be in a better mood. The burdens from the year slowly ebb away and are replaced with everything Christmas related. I was reminded the other day while I was putting up some decorations of what Christmas means to a child. The boys would each hold something and wait their turn to hand it to me to be put on a shelf or the wall. I could literally see them shaking in anticipation of where the next object would be placed.
I believe deep down we each try to recapture the feeling of our childhood and everything else comes after that. Here on MMC we each get to enjoy whatever holiday/season we love, and people dont care if you decorate for the Christmas in July..lol!
A very beautiful,wise lady once told me when I was a teen that I could "Do..Become..or go anywhere in the world" I wanted to. For many years I know what I became and what I did and certainly where I went upset her. But we always found a better time when I could get home for Christmas and share the holiday memories and make new ones.
" You have been gone for many years now. I want you to know that I did what I was destined to do, I became what everybody knew I was destined to become, and I have went everywhere in the world I have wanted to." So what is it that I have become? A true lover of everything Christmas!

A beautiful Special Post, NcGunny, thanks!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Loki never sits still for photos, so I had to dangle a toy over the camera to take this shot. I want to try and wrap him up in Christmas lights this year. We'll see how that goes...
HOW CUTE!!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Brink-of-the-Season Friends!

And indeed, we are nearly to the brink of Christmas Season 2017, as today's numbers will inform us.
(We also continue with our exciting Special Post Series!)

First, the daily numbers:
Days to the Season: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK LEFT!)
Days to Thanksgiving: 13 (NOW UNDER TWO WEEKS!)
Days to Christmas Day: 45 (Under 6 1/2 weeks remain!)

(The numbers are just melting down like icicles on a warm day, Folks!)

We are definintely in a chilly spell, and all the dampness and intermittant rain yesterday made for a rather miserable fourth day before the Season.
Today will see the cold weather continued, but without the rain.
Currently, the sun is out at last and we observe 45 degrees on our back door thermometer.

OK! Our remaining Special Post Series:
Nov. 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = NcGunny
Nov. 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = Ballcoach
Nov. 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Christmasstar

Have a Fulfillingly Fabulous Friday, Everybody!
Thanks crown!! Merry Friday!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
How adorable is Lucy!!!!!

I am beyond excited that you are putting up your tree!! It already looks great! I am working on finish some final touches on the living room but I think I want my tree up next weekend. I can't hold back any longer.
I will let you know in the coming days how adorable she is!! ;) :p

It IS so exciting!!!!! I might be almost as excited as you about decorating your new home!!! :D Ha ha!!!
Have a great day Festive!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Weekend Friends! I don't post much I know but I'm starting to feel some excitement now for The holiday season! I've been seeing a lot of Christmas commercials and events coming up. It's hard to believe that it's all coming so fast! Have a Great weekend everybody! :)
Nice to see you frostyman!! Exciting times ahead. Have a great day!!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
DAY 3 SPECIAL POST

Thank you for the beautiful post NcGunny!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF, Christmas friends!

My yesterday was consumed with a customer visit/audit. They actually hired a consultant to audit our production/purchasing/receiving/safety practices, before they would agree to buy from us. That may be common, but it's a first for me. Anyway, it took ALL DAY, but we were approved. Another unusual event yesterday; it was so cold outside, I could see my breath! I know a lot of you are getting snow, but this was extraordinary for south GA!

It'll be in the low 60's today, and sunny. Nice!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Congrats on being approved!!
Enjoy your heat wave. We aren't supposed to get above freezing today!
Have a great day!

Last edited:

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning MMC!!! TGIF!!!! Happy Friday! 22º this morning. Brrrrr!

Well the Christmas bug got the best of me last night! I'm just too curious to see what little Lu is going to think of the Christmas tree! I set up the sunroom tree. It only has 1 strand of lights around it - I always wrap the "trunk" in white lights & then I finished the rest of the strand around the bottom of the tree. I'll put another strand on to even it out, so there is lights on the whole tree, but I'm going to let it like that for now, until we see how she's going to do with it. So far she's not making much of it, but she sure was interested in what I was doing:

View attachment 40677

If time allows this weekend I might add the rest of the lights & maybe even the garland. Again, pending how much she tries to mess with it! I'm just so excited to have a tree up!!! It's amazing how fast that tree goes up compared to the main tree!! My hubby came home from work & the 1st words out of his mouth... "ARE YOU KIDDING ME????" :eek: HA! He'll get over it quick!! :D :p

Everyone, have a fantastic Friday!!!

Awww Lucy looking perplexed at this big green thing. Loki is like that, very curious about anything we do, he must know. Hope Lucy behaves and doesn't attack your tree! Can't wait to see it all decorated.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
DAY 3 SPECIAL POST

Such a touching story NcGunny. Thank you for sharing.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Brink-of-the-Season Friends!

And indeed, we are nearly to the brink of Christmas Season 2017, as today's numbers will inform us.
(We also continue with our exciting Special Post Series!)

First, the daily numbers:
Days to the Season: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK LEFT!)
Days to Thanksgiving: 13 (NOW UNDER TWO WEEKS!)
Days to Christmas Day: 45 (Under 6 1/2 weeks remain!)

(The numbers are just melting down like icicles on a warm day, Folks!)

We are definintely in a chilly spell, and all the dampness and intermittant rain yesterday made for a rather miserable fourth day before the Season.
Today will see the cold weather continued, but without the rain.
Currently, the sun is out at last and we observe 45 degrees on our back door thermometer.

OK! Our remaining Special Post Series:
Nov. 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = NcGunny
Nov. 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = Ballcoach
Nov. 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Christmasstar

Have a Fulfillingly Fabulous Friday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown!! We woke up to 3" of snow today.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAY 3 SPECIAL POST

Thanks Gunny. The part where you talked about your kids handing the ornaments and looking in anticipation REALLY brought back memories of being a kid doing the same thing/reactions with my dad.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
GM.. happy Friday! I am off today and my youngest daughter is going to the movies today and I am taking my oldest daughter shopping. Hope you all have a great day!
I hope you all enjoy your day off!! Stay warm!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We're getting a brief cold snap here ... very wintry. Temps falling through the day and a blustery wind---record-breaking lows tonight. Goes great with the Christmas music I've been playing!
We're having the same weather, except our temps already fell! LOL! Stay warm 'n cozy this weekend Merry!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Love this! I hope Lucy does not cause too much havoc!
Have a great day and weekend!
My fingers are crossed but I'm not holding my breath!!! :p

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
DAY 3 SPECIAL POST

Another beautiful special post!
Happy Birthday USMC!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you so much Holiday. I hope Lucy behaves around that Christmas tree :) She’s so stinkin’ cute!
xx

Awww Lucy looking perplexed at this big green thing. Loki is like that, very curious about anything we do, he must know. Hope Lucy behaves and doesn't attack your tree! Can't wait to see it all decorated.
Thanks! I hope she behaves too! xx
She is VERY curious about everything we do!!! She has to have her nose involved in everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image