Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Merry Tuesday! Work seemed to be super busy today with last min requests for Thanksgiving cooking items and people being upset that we don't carry them such as turkey basters, carving knives. I am off tomorrow but Carolina and I will be out among the craziness getting anything else my mom needs and trying to find her Christmas dress and Christmas pajamas. I want to get those accomplished now so I don't have to think about them.
Today was Carolina's Thanksgiving feast at school. They celebrate with pancakes and syrup, applesauce, popcorn and juice boxes. It's a super cute celebration. Have a great night everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving Eve MMC! This is my favorite work day of the year. We should be leaving at noon. Then we may go to IHOP for lunch. And then home to start preparing for the big day tomorrow. I'll be bringing in breakfast to work like I do every year on Thanksgiving Eve. Have a great not so normal Pines Day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC and Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
It’s going to be partly sunny today with a high of 44 degrees. Colder air is moving in overnight, I hear it’s going to be the coldest Thanksgiving in 22 years. I have lots to do today. I’m going to walk Rocky soon and then I’m heading to the butcher to pick up my turkey. Back home to prepare for tomorrow. I’m going to put some Christmas music on and do some cleaning. Then I’m going to bake, cook and prep whatever I can do ahead of time. I hope everyone has a nice day!!!
xx

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! Snow has started falling. Again. I do complain about Winter being way too early this year but the big snowflakes do look pretty. Right now I’m watching the Christmas Cookie Challenge on dvr, with Loki sleeping cuddled next to me. David took the car to work today and I’m missing Nutella to bake Nutella brownies, so I’ll see what I can whip up with what I have on hand. Have a great day everyone!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning and Happy Thankgiving Eve. Enjoying my coffee before I get my flours steamed mopped and start my baking and prep for tomorrow. Kids have a 1/2 day of schook today and hubby is hoping to get out early. So in case I do not get back on here later today or tomorrow I wish and hope everyone has a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Ah, the day before the day....

I'm sure everyone has plenty to do today. I do, also. However, I have a big cup of coffee that needs to dealt with first, along with some Christmas friends that I needed to visit!

What a day it is going to be! The girls and I are going to do a little shopping....I plan on letting them pick out an inflatable...I have to go buy a book, and I have two items I forgot to get at Walmart. After that quick trip, we will return home and begin doing some cooking. I've got my DVR set for a couple of shows tonight (Charlie Brown being one of them) and I'm looking forward to this evening.

I hope you have a great day. We are in the middle of our favorite time of year and are approaching a holiday that we all love. Enjoy the moment, friends.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Good morning and Happy Thankgiving Eve. Enjoying my coffee before I get my flours steamed mopped and start my baking and prep for tomorrow. Kids have a 1/2 day of schook today and hubby is hoping to get out early. So in case I do not get back on here later today or tomorrow I wish and hope everyone has a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

When you get done with your floors, come take care of mine!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

Our plant is working furiously, trying to shut down by 12:30. We're cooking steaks for the guys, then leaving early for the long Thanksgiving weekend!

We took Elizabeth out to one of those brick oven pizza places for her birthday, along with a few of her friends and our family. It was pretty good, but I'm a simple pizza guy. Little Caesar's and a bottle of hot sauce works for me. Anyway, we had a good dinner, then walked down to an ice cream parlor. A great evening!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I have a couple errands to run this morning for my mom. I wanted to be out of the house already, but first I must drink the coffee and then I can do the things. I am sure Walmart and Target will be a zoo. We will be back before lunch time hopefully. Tomorrow the high for us is only going to be 29* which will help put everyone in the holiday spirit.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Thanksgiving Eve to one and all!

Doesn't seem like it should be Thanksgiving already. The year has raced by and soon it will be Christmas.
<< How soon, Crown? >>
Stay tuned for the answer.

Days to Thanksgiving: 1 (TOMORROW!!)
Days to Christmas Day: 34 (Now UNDER 5 weeks!)
(Wow!)

Slowly cooling off. We should be in the mid 40's for Thanksgiving tomorrow and well below the freezing mark by tomorrow night.
This day-before-turkey-day has commenced here in central North Carolina at 36 degrees.

OK! Final open house at the 'Pines before Thanksgiving and all the stops are being pulled out by our friendly and dedicated activities director, Carl.
Wonderful meal in the dining hall with all the traditional Thankgiving fixings and the decor to match.
The entertainment? Well, as usual that is a surprise. Carl can only say that it will be "seasonal and traditional". (Certainly sounds appealing.)
Please plan to attend. It's one of those "don't-miss" event evenings at our inn of choice!

In the meantime, you have a truly Wonderful Wednesday, Folks!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Thanksgiving Eve to one and all!

Doesn't seem like it should be Thanksgiving already. The year has raced by and soon it will be Christmas.
<< How soon, Crown? >>
Stay tuned for the answer.

Days to Thanksgiving: 1 (TOMORROW!!)
Days to Christmas Day: 34 (Now UNDER 5 weeks!)
(Wow!)

Slowly cooling off. We should be in the mid 40's for Thanksgiving tomorrow and well below the freezing mark by tomorrow night.
This day-before-turkey-day has commenced here in central North Carolina at 36 degrees.

OK! Final open house at the 'Pines before Thanksgiving and all the stops are being pulled out by our friendly and dedicated activities director, Carl.
Wonderful meal in the dining hall with all the traditional Thankgiving fixings and the decor to match.
The entertainment? Well, as usual that is a surprise. Carl can only say that it will be "seasonal and traditional". (Certainly sounds appealing.)
Please plan to attend. It's one of those "don't-miss" event evenings at our inn of choice!

In the meantime, you have a truly Wonderful Wednesday, Folks!
Happy Thanksgiving Crown!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope all is well! My Mom is coming over tonight and tomorrow night for supper. Tonight, it is chicken nachos and tomorrow night it will vegetable soup. Both are really easy to make....and it gives me time to get a few other things ready for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is a big day....everything that can be fixed up and ready to put in the over will be done. Mom and I are going to cook fudge tomorrow night...an annual tradition in our house. There is usually a fight to see who gets to lick the bowl. Tomorrow night, a passage of the torch in a way....the girls will get to fight it out. My brother and I are sitting this one out...should be a blast. Hope to come back tomorrow for coffee and catch up on this week.

If yall can't tell, I'm just a ball of energy at this point...ready to go!

Enjoy the family time - it sounds so nice! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Coach!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I hope your were able to find everything you were looking for.

Have a great day
happy birthday Elizabeth! Happy Anniversary!

Thanks, I hope you do as well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Tuesday, Sugar!
Thank you, I am having a merry day. :)

Thank you! We ended up with about an inch, but it was rather icy in spots. Not too bad considering where I live. :)

Good to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image