Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Long before the Babe of Bethlehem was born Christmas was celebrated. In this episode we explore the spiritual and very real celebration of Christmas about Christ…before Christ.

Historians, dependent upon physical evidence and validated truth, are quick to dismiss anything Christmas related before Christ as Pagan. We say not so fast.

The evidence of Christmas before Christ about Christ is abundant. There were witnesses aplenty and in this episode we discuss their story and the evidence they left behind.

Of most curious interest is the case of the Shepherds, those famous night time guardians who so joyously spread the news of Christ’s birth. We know now these were not men of ignorance. They knew about Christ long before the Angels showed up.

We also talk of others who knew as well.

It is time this part of the Christmas story is shared.

Continue reading...

vicki530

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Jul 9, 2011
Nashville, TN
I wish I did not get the blues on Christmas Day, yet I always do. There's this huge build-up and then, "BAM," it's over on Dec. 25. Perhaps it's because we were not able to have children and were too doggone dumb to adopt. Perhaps the spirit of Christmas is most felt by those who have children. I always feel this void during the holidays. I'm sorry, as I am 100% aware that I am most likely bumming most of you out. Please instead take this as the advice of one who has learned the hard way and wishes you don't have to wrestle with such feelings, If you are unable to have children, adopt some. Be sure to bless yourself and them with wonderful holiday traditions to pass on for many years to come. Holiday traditions establish roots which are so very important. Please don't find yourself toward the end of your earthly existence without the joy of having a loving family surrounding you...a family steeped in traditions they will pass on to their children and grandchildren. May you heed the advice of one who has gone before and learned the hard way from her mistakes. God bless you and keep you, and may you, in turn, bless your children and grandchildren with the most wonderful of family traditions. Truly, traditions, passed down, especially those of Christmas, bless you and yours this next Christmas and forever thereafter. God bless....

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image