Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 254 DAYS

Happy Final Day of Winter! We made it through the long journey known as winter. It started just a few days before Christmas and ends well into March. That's a long trip and trek. But we're here now on the verge of spring. And know what else we're on the verge of? Well our Countdown today says 254 days till that special day we all love known as Thanksgiving. But we also can see we're only 4 days from hitting the 250 marker! That's huge! I remember when we hit 350 and 300 we were excited. But 250 is even more exciting. And after that we'll have an even more MAJOR milestone next week which we'll talk about this weekend. Anyway, I wasn't sure what to bring for lunch to work today and my mind started wondering to biscuits, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and a little turkey. That would be more of a feast than a lunch though huh? One more appropriate for November 28th. But for March 19th I hope you all have a great Final Day of Winter!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 253 DAYS

Happy Spring! We made it! Today spring officially arrives (later this afternoon). And I for one am very happy! That means we have 2 full seasons to go (spring & summer) before we arrive to the season of THANKSGIVING (autumn). That makes it seem closer huh? And today's countdown is closer than yesterday's (funny how that happens) as the count stands as 253 days till Thanksgiving. Oh wow moving along aren't we? Yes indeed. And in 3 days we will celebrate the next milestone of being halfway from 300 to 200 as we hit the big 250. That's a big plus here in very early spring. After that we'll talk turkey and about our next milestone next week which is even BIGGER believe it or not. As big as your Thanksgiving turkey? I hope not THAT big. For now I hope you all enjoy your 1st day of spring as we are into the 2nd season of 3 that we go through before we get to Thanksgiving Season (that sounds almost scary). Make it a great 1st day of spring!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 252 DAYS

Happy Spring Break! I'm taking a little spring break the next week and a half with some days off. But the Thanksgiving Countdown NEVER takes a break. And to prove it look at the count this morning. It's updated from yesterday as it's dropped to 252 days. Now we're only 2 simple days away from that magical 250 marker. That will indeed be a big milestone with only a BIGGER one to come next week which we'll discuss this weekend. Oh and it's Thursday. You know what that means. The Weekly Countdown started at 53 weeks as you'll recall on Thanksgiving 2018. And now...drum roll please...we have dropped down to 36 weeks. That's a big drop from 53! And almost halfway from 40 weeks to 30. We're moving in many ways as we are OFFICIALLY in spring now. Some people are dreaming of Easter baskets right now but in this thread we're dreaming of Giant Turkeys and Cranberry Sauce. Have a great day today!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 251 DAYS

Happy 1st Spring TGIF! We're now heading towards the 1st Spring Weekend of 2019. Isn't that a great feeling? Despite the rain we've had here since yesterday things should start to improve into the weekend. We've put winter behind us. In fact, it won't be winter again until AFTER we go through Thanksgiving! How awesome is that? And how awesome is THIS? 251 days until Thanksgiving. Just 1 day to go till our Milestone tomorrow here in this thread. Halfway from 300 to 200. And then we will reveal the next milestone which happens NEXT week already and is even BIGGER. Be here for that. But for today it's Friday. So think about those weekend plans. And plan on maybe a side of mashed potatoes. And maybe turn on the Macy's Parade if you DVR'D it like I did. Ahh the memories and the memories to come this year on Thanksgiving. Have a great 1st Spring TGIF!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 250 DAYS

Happy 1st Weekend of Spring! And Happy MILESTONE MORNING! We have reached our next marker which is the 250 day marker. That is our Countdown this morning. 250. We have reached halfway from 300 to 200. And we did it together here in this thread. When you think of how we started at 370 days and now are down by 120 to 250 that is pretty remarkable. In fact, if you are a math person you might realize that's eerily close to 1/3 of the count. Well the news this Saturday morning is we will reach that 1/3 marker this coming week! That will be in 3 days on Tuesday. And then...2 days later (on a Thursday no less) we will reach the 4 months down 8 to go to solidify being fully 1/3 of the way there! Unreal. Drooling with thoughts of turkey and gravy and this amazing count dropping I hope you all enjoy the start to your 1st weekend of spring!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 249 DAYS

Happy Sunday Spring Sunshine! We have a beautiful day here. It's going to be 60 with sunshine. That is the type of spring weather I dream of most of the winter. And certainly Thanksgiving we would like a nice sunny day. But we won't know that for a while. But one thing we do know this morning is the Countdown is at 249 days now. We are officially now closer to 200 days than 300 days. Unreal huh? But what else is unreal? The turkey in your plate on Thanksgiving? That does seem unreal but I have more unreal news for you for the week to come. For the last week of March, in just 2 days we will reach the 1/3 marker to Thanksgiving. And on Thursday we'll seal the deal with our "4 down 8 to go" 28th of the month! Unbelievable how much we've really progressed this countdown isn't it? Well for now just enjoy today. We have plenty of time to enjoy this last week of March coming!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 248 DAYS

Happy Last Week of March and Rudolph Day #3! Uh huh even though we're not thinking about Rudolph in this thread it's still cool that we've reached the 3rd one. And tomorrow will be cooler for us because we'll reach the 1/3 marker to Thanksgiving Day! Unbelievable. 1/3 is a BIG chunk. I'm not sure how we took that big of a chunk out already but we're on the verge of it now. Officially, the Countdown today is at 248 days. Oh and on Thursday we'll reach our 4th "28th" in this thread and countdown. 4 down and 8 to go sounds like an official 1/3 if you don't believe tomorrow's mathematical 1/3 marker. Big Final Week of March here in the Thanksgiving Thread. Bigger than a Thanksgiving Turkey Bone? Nothing can be that big or appetizing with some gravy on it. Have a great Rudolph Day #3 my Thanksgiving Friends!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 247 DAYS

Happy Springing Through March! We're riding through the last week of March now. But guess what? Today is a MILESTONE DAY for the Thanksgiving Countdown! And it may not be obvious to you. Looking at the actual count it stands at 247 days till Thanksgiving. But the meaning of it? We have gone through 123 days (started at 370) which is exactly (just about) 1/3 of the way to Thanksgiving! Wait I've already posted 1/3 of the count in this thread? That's almost frightening. I feel like we started this thread not long ago. 1/3 of the way down and 2/3 to go. That's the good news. I need time in this thread! And I know we all do. But it's a great celebratory 1/3 marker with the next milestone Thursday as we reach our 4th "28th". Now with that celebratory feeling in you please enjoy your Tuesday and have a little biscuit to celebrate in honor of all turkey lovers. Happy Tuesday!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Wow...already 1/3!! Thanks for the countdown....I look forward to counting down to one of my favorite holidays!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 246 DAYS

Good March Mid-Week! We are rolling along through the last week of March folks! And look at this countdown we have here in this very thread. Thanksgiving is now only 246 days away! Ok that's still a lot of days but not as many as it sounds. And TOMORROW everyone we will celebrate our 4th "28th" down and 8 to go. Oh man 4 out of 12 already! That is definitely 1/3! And onward after that we head towards APRIL which is only 7 months to go till OUR month of NOVEMBER and the month of Thanksgiving! Those numbers seem to be amazing me here in early spring. And almost scaring me a little in a Halloween way. For now, I hope you all are enjoying your Mid-Week and that the weather is cooperating near you. And may your day be as good as a day on November 28th with a plate of turkey, stuffing and gravy. Ok maybe today can't be THAT good but have a great March Mid-Week!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 245 DAYS

Morning Rest for the Weary! Tired? Hope you all are having some restful times ahead. I'm off these next 4 days so I'm trying to enjoy it. But there is NO rest for the weary in this Countdown. We have reached 245 days today and with it being Thursday I can give you the Weekly Countdown which is at 35 now! Halfway from 40 to 30. But most importantly today we reach our 4th "28th"! In case you're wondering why that's a big deal, Thanksgiving is on the 28th of November so that means 8 months from today is THANKSGIVING! 8 folks. Not 12 anymore. Not 11. Not 10 or even 9. We're down to 8! 4 down and 8 to go. That sounds officially now like 1/3 of the way to me. Unbelievable. Celebrate all turkey lovers with a turkey bone. Yum. Who likes dark meat and who likes white meat from their turkey? Who likes both? ME! Have a great day today everyone. Happy 28th of the month as we are now 8 months till Thanksgiving!​

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
I really enjoy the light meat of the turkey. My hubbs like the dark me, so we compliment each other. I really look forward to Thanksgiving and all the fixings.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I love both too but it requires gravy on both!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 244 DAYS

Good March Winding Down TGIF! We're moving along now into the last few days of March. Our Countdown today is at 244 days. Oh wow! Moving along now down through the 240s. We had 2 milestones this week so what's left for the weekend ahead? Just keeping on counting down through the end of March. And Monday we'll reach another little milestone by reaching a new month of APRIL! That is the month that is Halfway till the month of Halloween which means...the following month will be HALFWAY till the month of Thanksgiving. Oh that just sounds insane to me! But let's slow it down and keep looking at our count. Focus. Just like on Thanksgiving I love focusing on my big Thanksgiving Dinner Plate. Nothing beats that sight along with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We have a lot to look forward to in April and I will tell you more about it this weekend. For now, I hope everyone has a great and successful TGIF to get you and yours to the weekend!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Wow..halfway to Halloween!! That is crazy..this month really did fly by!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image