Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday evening. Unfortunately a day where bad news kept on coming. David slipped on some ice and suffered either a severe strain or a torn muscle in his right shoulder. He has to go for an MRI to see if there's a tear. Also a colleague of mine has gone on sick leave for personal reasons. And a manager from a different store had a failed surgery on Friday and he will be out for a while, so another one of my colleagues will go to that store indefinitely, on top of another colleague helping another store to cover for another manager on sick leave. And of lesser severity, I have to go to the clinic tomorrow because my cough has gotten much worse (that's just me being stubborn and waiting so long to see a doctor).

So right now hubby is trying to be comfortable lying on the couch next to me and Loki is cuddling up to him. I doubt there will be much Christmas tree decorating tomorrow. But I have the weekend off, so I'll find a way. I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures though :). Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited:

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good afternoon, friend!
Amen to that!
I really wish things would slow down this year. I haven't accomplished anywhere near as much as I usually do by this time. There's just not enough hours in the day...
Have fun setting up your village!
Have a wonderful rest of your day~
X

I can relate!! :eek:
Have fun setting up your village!!! :)

Thank you both! I'm almost finished with the village, I should be able to post a picture tomorrow!
xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Tuesday evening. Unfortunately a day where bad news kept on coming. David slipped on some ice and suffered either a severe strain or a torn muscle in his right shoulder. He has to go for an MRI to see if there's a tear. Also a colleague of mine has gone on sick leave for personal reasons. And a manager from a different store had a failed surgery on Friday and he will be out for a while, so another of my colleagues will go to that store indefinitely, on top of another colleague helping another store to cover for another manager on sick leave. And of lesser severity, I have to go to the clinic tomorrow because my cough has gotten much worse (that's just me being stubborn and waiting so long to see a doctor).

So right now hubby is trying to be comfortable lying on the couch next to me and Loki is cuddling up to him. I doubt there will be much Christmas tree decorating tomorrow. But I have the weekend off, so I'll find a way. I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's pictures though :). Have a great evening everyone!

Oh my goodness, I hope your colleagues get well soon. And I will keep you and David in my prayers, hope his shoulder feels better and I hope you get some relief from the coughing. Sending hugs <3

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good morning again MMC! "Merry" Monday!! So I was up from 2:30-5:30 am...watched Grandpa For Christmas, & the start of The Night Before The Night Before Christmas - and then when my alarm went off this morning, I could have slept all day! Go figure! It's so dark & dreary outside - sure wish it would snow some more. Sure looks like it could! xx

So the plan for Mom is that she will go "swing bed" today or tomorrow. Which means she will stay in the same room at the hospital, but only receive therapy - no nursing care. It's a way to get her extra therapy without being admitted to the nursing home. My brother/sil come home from Massachusetts on Wednesday for my nephews wedding, so hopefully they can help out a little since they will be staying at her house anyway. It's doubtful that she will make it to the wedding, but we'll see! xx

Everyone, have a Marvelous Monday!!!

Continued prayers for your mom.

Good Morning everyone...happy Monday!! We had a little snow this morning and the kids had a delay. It was nice to sleep in for a bit. Just the usual work for me today and I got some more shopping done. I have this Fri and Monday off so it will be nice to have a long weekend. Hopefully, I will get most of my wrapping done. Have a great day!! We are getting so close to the big day!
Several schools in the counties north of mine had delays as well. We only had rain.

Thanks, friend~
It was a busy, but Christmassy weekend! So magical, too!
Hope you had a great weekend!
xx

Congratulations, CS! Lovely job!

Hope Carolina enjoyed her meeting with the elf!
Sounds like a festive and fun way to spend Friday night.
Hope you guys had a nice rest of the weekend~

Happy Monday, Sam~ @Festive Spirit :)
Hope you guys had a merry weekend!
Have a wonderful week!

Merry Monday, Martine~
Hope you're starting to feel much better!
Thinking of you, have a blessed week.
X

Happy Monday, SnowflakeMom~
Hope your daughter's knee is feeling better after some rest and icing. Prayers that the swelling has reduced significantly.
How was your weekend?
Have a great week ahead!

Happy Monday, M~
Prayers going up for your cousin's Mom.
Hope you and P-cat had a nice weekend!
She was so excited. The very first thing we do in the morning is look for the elf then the advent calendar. Hope you had a great weekend.

Good Monday evening. Unfortunately a day where bad news kept on coming. David slipped on some ice and suffered either a severe strain or a torn muscle in his right shoulder. He has to go for an MRI to see if there's a tear. Also a colleague of mine has gone on sick leave for personal reasons. And a manager from a different store had a failed surgery on Friday and he will be out for a while, so another one of my colleagues will go to that store indefinitely, on top of another colleague helping another store to cover for another manager on sick leave. And of lesser severity, I have to go to the clinic tomorrow because my cough has gotten much worse (that's just me being stubborn and waiting so long to see a doctor).

Praying for everyone and all their situations.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Wow, it has been away since I have posted here. (again) I hope everyone is doing well!
It is so hard to believe we are in December!

Life has just been busy recently. All good, just busy with school (teaching and taking a class), kids staying busy, wife is writing her Master's Thesis, Christmas time preparation! Lots to do!

My goal is to try to make it on here to post at least one post a day.

The weather is about to turn cold. By the end of the week we are suppose to be in the 20s. Snow is in the extended forecast! These things make me VERY happy!
:march:

Well, Everyone have a good night!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Had to watch your Bengals at the hospital with my sister today :rolleyes:
You get to watch the Bengals again on Sunday, I am hoping they don't get their first win against the Bengals. I am not too confident in Cincinnati.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

It's Krampusnacht, I hope everyone was good, and not expecting a visit from Krampus.
Very long day today, woke up with back spasms but worked through them. I looked at my coverage tomorrow just in case I had to call out, but they lessened as the day moved forward. it's a good thing since coverage was light tomorrow. We had some snow overnight, just enough for the schools to have a 2 hour delay. Most is gone now, but more is expected later this week.
I am exhausted, sleep beckons. I will catch up tomorrow.

Goodnight, everyone

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning! Days are ticking till Christmas Eve and Christmas Day yet I have so much to do still. Anyone else feel that way? I know we will all make it though and be ready when they get here. Had a busy day at work so it flew on Monday. Now Tuesday should be almost as busy so another quick day at work and then an evening to relax tonight and watch Christmas shows. What's better than that in December?

ILoveHolidays924

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Aug 7, 2016
South Carolina
Morning! Days are ticking till Christmas Eve and Christmas Day yet I have so much to do still. Anyone else feel that way? I know we will all make it though and be ready when they get here. Had a busy day at work so it flew on Monday. Now Tuesday should be almost as busy so another quick day at work and then an evening to relax tonight and watch Christmas shows. What's better than that in December?

I feel the same way! I'm starting to panic because I haven't been able to buy the bigger items the kids have asked for but I also know it will all work out in the end. Watching the sales and hoping they get a little cheaper (lol). My oldest daughter (11) is having a Christmas party in a week and nothing has been bought/made for that. She also has several winter concerts coming up with her chorus group. My SIL is getting married this weekend so we are also busy with that. Time just won't slow down and it seems like so much more this year to get done. I love this time of year though so I welcome the challenge! :)

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
** CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 DAY 24 **

Good Morning, Folks.

Closing in now, as today's figures inform us:
Days to Christmas Day: 19 (You know it's close when we are down into the teens!)

Well, the cold air is on the way like a freight train, ready to knock our beautiful weather off the track. Should be here by Thursday or Friday.
We had some rain yesterday evening/early this morning and could get more today, which has commenced here in the capital city at 48 somber, overcast degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!
'Pines Day tomorrow, you know.
And the Inn will be decorated in High Christmas, Carl style!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
** CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 DAY 24 **

Good Morning, Folks.

Closing in now, as today's figures inform us:
Days to Christmas Day: 19 (You know it's close when we are down into the teens!)

Well, the cold air is on the way like a freight train, ready to knock our beautiful weather off the track. Should be here by Thursday or Friday.
We had some rain yesterday evening/early this morning and could get more today, which has commenced here in the capital city at 48 somber, overcast degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!
'Pines Day tomorrow, you know.
And the Inn will be decorated in High Christmas, Carl style!
Thanks Crown! It's definitely starting to feel like Christmas!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday! What a dreary/rainy ol day!! The Christmas tree's sure look pretty shining in peoples windows on my way to work this morning! :)

So I don't know if you remember when mom was in the hospital in February with pneumonia her sister was also in there with the same thing? We had a "party" with our cousins in ICU every night? Well last night my cousin was admitted - he's cattycorner from mom's room so she can keep an eye on him! ;) Seriously? Here we go again. I told them we need to stop meeting at the hospital - lets go somewhere FUN!!! Hopefully he will be release quickly though - he was having some chest pain, they admitted him as a precaution.

Everyone, have a terrific Tuesday!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday! What a dreary/rainy ol day!! The Christmas tree's sure look pretty shining in peoples windows on my way to work this morning! :)

So I don't know if you remember when mom was in the hospital in February with pneumonia her sister was also in there with the same thing? We had a "party" with our cousins in ICU every night? Well last night my cousin was admitted - he's cattycorner from mom's room so she can keep an eye on him! ;) Seriously? Here we go again. I told them we need to stop meeting at the hospital - lets go somewhere FUN!!! Hopefully he will be release quickly though - he was having some chest pain, they admitted him as a precaution.

Everyone, have a terrific Tuesday!

I hope everyone is well soon. You're right, you need to find someplace more fun to meet!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Love that! My oldest daughter also danced to this when she a was little ballerina.

Well it's 11:20 PM so I'm in my bed.
Hoping for some Merry dreams.

Goodnight :sway
Good morning Solice! Hope you had a good nights sleep!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Keeping your mom in my thoughts Holiday. How is her morale? Seems like she is getting great care at the hospital. Try and get some rest too. Sending hugs.
Thanks Martine! Her spirits are not great! We have been feeding her the last couple nights - she says she's "too lazy"! (She's never been lazy a day in her life - lol) She's just bummed & worn out - tired of being there. She's starting to get confused ~ after so many days in a hospital, I would be confused too - never mind an 87 year old. Sure hope she can come home soon. xx
Emma is at Moms this morning - she's making chicken & noodles and meatloaf to bring to the hospital for mom. Maybe that will make her eat!! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

My goodness, what a night!!
Prayers for your co-workers! I hope David gets good news from his MRI today & I hope you get over that cough & start feeling better quick!! Prayers for all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image