MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Thanks everybody. Soooo - I snapped this at lunch (no wonder my phone keeps telling me I'm out of space...ha ha)- even though she was a bad girl at lunch & went potty in our basement!!!! She's too cute to stay mad at. And she's been doing SO good!! Darn!! But the basement is a new thing for her, might take a bit!

View attachment 39745

Aww!!! You can’t get mad at that cutie!!

Ella keeps having accidents at the new house. My sister keeps saying she’s going to give her back to my aunt but the nieces won’t have it. It’s a lot for her to adjust to though.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Oh yum! I bought fudge when we were there too! Those shops smell amazing!!! Did you go too the Big Woods Brewery/Pizza? Mmmmm

No I didn’t. I want to go back in a couple weeks after the leaves really turn. I’ll have to try it out then!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good afternoon, MMC!! It’s finally starting to feel like fall here with a high of 60!! Of course, they are saying we could be back up to 80 by Saturday. Ugh. I’ve been on the run all morning and now I need to try and catch up on some stuff around the apartment this afternoon. I hope everyone is having a great Monday!!
I hope you can get all caught up this afternoon!! Have a good day made! Enjoy the cooler temps - for now!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We shared a vacation last week with DH's BFF & his family. We went to Tybee Island, GA & spent one day touring Savannah. I thought of Bradmac while we were there as he speaks of going there on occasion. We got two Christmas ornaments while we were there: one from Tybee Island & one from Savannah. We have two small trees in our master bedroom that we put our vacation & misc. ornaments on.

If anyone was wondering, there are 178 steps in the Tybee Island Lighthouse, and yes, I climbed them all; had to walk back down all of them too...; We were on the beach on Friday in our bathing suits. We got home late afternoon yesterday & today I have on a sweater. We finally got fall weather here, but it will warm up again by Wednesday.

DH takes his annual work trip later this week & that's a sign for me that Christmas is coming. DD & I miss DH when he's gone, but we have fun, just the two of us. We've already planned one night of eating out & going to WalMart for DD to add to her Christmas list. We'll also take our time in the Christmas section.

The cooler weather has me wanting to watch more Christmas movies. I've already made reservations for DD's Christmas pictures. We need to find something for her to wear for that.
Sounds like a great trip!! I try to buy a Christmas ornament everywhere we go on vaca too. So fun!
I hope your hubby has a good trip & you have fun with your daughter!
Enjoy your day!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Aww!!! You can’t get mad at that cutie!!

Ella keeps having accidents at the new house. My sister keeps saying she’s got no to give her back to my aunt but the nieces won’t have it. It’s a lot for her to adjust to though.
Awe - changes are always hard on our animals! I hope Ella adjusts quickly!!! xx She's too cute to stay mad at too! :)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Thanks everybody. Soooo - I snapped this at lunch (no wonder my phone keeps telling me I'm out of space...ha ha)- even though she was a bad girl at lunch & went potty in our basement!!!! She's too cute to stay mad at. And she's been doing SO good!! Darn!! But the basement is a new thing for her, might take a bit!

View attachment 39745
She is just so darn adorable! I remember Loki having accidents when we were training him. Don't miss those times.

Reactions: Edge612 and Holiday

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
No I didn’t. I want to go back in a couple weeks after the leaves really turn. I’ll have to try it out then!
Nice!!! We really liked their food & their beer. I was a fan of the 6 Foot Blonde beer & my friend really liked the Yellow Dwarf. The pizza & appetizers were good too!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
She is just so darn adorable! I remember Loki having accidents when we were training him. Don't miss those times.
Thank you! Ya, it happens! Gracie was so good & trained too - it's an adjustment again! ;)
Our groomer sent me a text today saying she can get Lucy in next Wednesday. I think she's getting ansty to see her again. LOLOL! I hope she doesn't have too cut off too much of her "little brown bear-ness"

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good evening

so today i had to leave my job as i can no longer physically do it. As most of you know i have been battling an arm injury for a couple of years now and it is not getting better. Doctor says that staying where I am will only cause further injury. So am looking into early retirement 4 years before I expected to.
Of course that may not be all bad as I will be able to pursue some of my favorite activities instead.
Will see what happens.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good evening

so today i had to leave my job as i can no longer physically do it. As most of you know i have been battling an arm injury for a couple of years now and it is not getting better. Doctor says that staying where I am will only cause further injury. So am looking into early retirement 4 years before I expected to.
Of course that may not be all bad as I will be able to pursue some of my favorite activities instead.
Will see what happens.
I hope things work out well for you.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good evening, everyone!

Just making some dinner for tomorrow before bed. The beef may have expired tomorrow if I didn't cook it tonight. I'm tired, but I can't throw away $20 of beef! Oh, and the opportunity to eat tacos over the next few nights. Mmmmm!

Simon actually had an OK visit to the vet today. He was hard to settle down from time-to-time, but the vet let The Big Guy do his thing. With some added incentives (treats), Simon actually took his needle very well. It was just a regular checkup, so he'll have one more shot next year and then nothing the following year.

Well, I should get back to these tacos. I'm really hoping I am out of this kitchen by 10! Have a great evening, everyone! I hope you've all spotted some Christmas in your area and share it in the Blossoms thread!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good evening

Will see what happens.

Sorry to read this, Star. Glad you're doing what's best for you. Hopefully the early retirement helps you get better!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! The 1st chill of the season his here. Woke up to 36 degrees. It hit me pretty hard after this first warm month of Autumn we've had. It won't last long as Wednesday through Monday we expect highs 70-75 with mostly sunny skies. Will enjoy it after this colder morning but really it's not all that bad as in January we'd think this is warm. Back to work for me after a really good, relaxing and fun 3 day weekend. Have a great day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good evening

Will see what happens.
Christmasstar, very sorry to read that you've had to nake the hard decision to stop working entirely to make sure your arm doesn't become more painful. But I truly believe there is nothing more important than your health. Take good care and I'm sure you will find new challenges to keep you occupied and active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image