Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I know, right, in the 70's yesterday! I drove home with my windows down in the truck and a tee-shirt on.
I just looked out the window and it's snowing, not only snowing, but it's laying too! The weather channel has it for this area, 1-3 inches. This is nuts.
As mentioned...mother nature has fallen off her rocker!! ;) :p That is crazy!!!
Have a good day xmas!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Thursday!

Today feels like a Friday for some reason. I treated my brother to lunch at one of his favorite Asian buffets and I thought I messed up as put a scoop of Malaysian chicken on my plate. It was such a relief to realize it is only Thursday!

Crossed over the Cass River in a few different spots and it is really flooded. In one spot the river was only a few inches from touching the underside of the bridge. Scary!
The basement floor is now damp. It hadn't changed from when I left the house to when I got back home, so I think that is a very good sign!

Be safe, dry, and merry!
Nice that you went out with your brother. Hope you both enjoyed!!
Praying you stay dry & safe!!!
Have a Merry Friday!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning MMC. Happy TGIF! Last one of February. I always am ready for the weekend. I think we all are and it's about to get here. Looks like not the nicest weather weekend but it won't be too terrible. Anyway, just wanted to say the last lights I saw are now off the last 2 mornings. This is really the end of Christmas lights. But it carried us through the winter doldrums. March is coming soon! Have a great day!
Hard to believe it's the last Friday of Feb. Bummer the lights have been turned off. They could have carried you until March! ;) Nice that they were on so long though!
Have a good day Edge!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Folks.
And once again, right on schedule, Weekend Eve arrives with the promise of a two-day respite from our labors.

But as far as out count is concerned, there is no rest for the weary as the show must go on!
Days to the Season: 263
Days to Christmas Day: 305

And as for our next marker, the 300-Day Christmas Day Window, well, it's now just FIVE days down the road, where we will be met by the commencement of a double 200's level count!

Mother Nature, and her messenger, the weather service, are spoiling us with multiple days of spring-like (actually, nearly summer-like) weather. And it should be like this on through the weekend before somewhat cooler weather arrives for Monday.
Our current temperature reading is 55 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fantastically Fabulous Friday, Friendly Folks!
Have a great weekend crown. Enjoy that warm weather!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Enjoy your weekend with your mom, and good luck with your afghan instructional! :p
LOL! Thanks! 2 of my sisters have offered to come over in the afternoons so I can go home for an hour or 2 - when I tell them they can come when it's time to teach moms neighbor to crochet, they both back away. Hmmmm!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF!! I am ready for the weekend. Looks like Sunday may be a washout but that will be a good excuse to relax for the day and watch some movies. Not too many plans for this weekend just a basketball game tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon, we got some bad news from our school district, a little boy that is in kindergarten at our elementary school died from the flu on Wednesday night. I feel so awful for his family, so heartbreaking.

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!
Oh my gosh. How sad. Prayers for the family & your school district.
Hope you have a nice weekend. Enjoy a relaxing (rainy) Sunday!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I watched Thor: Ragnarok for the first time last night. It was awesome! I actually had a couple hours home alone, uninterrupted. Nancy & Elizabeth went to a prom committee meeting last night. Needless to say, security was a top discussion, considering the events of earlier this week. I'm glad they're taking it so seriously.

Lunch with mom & Jim today, then Nancy and I are going to hear Jacob play at a nearby restaurant tonight.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Enjoy lunch with Jim & Mama & date night with Nancy tonight! :)
Have a great weekend Brad!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Morning MMC. Happy TGIF! Last one of February. I always am ready for the weekend. I think we all are and it's about to get here. Looks like not the nicest weather weekend but it won't be too terrible. Anyway, just wanted to say the last lights I saw are now off the last 2 mornings. This is really the end of Christmas lights. But it carried us through the winter doldrums. March is coming soon! Have a great day!
I still have one house on my street...they have a lit wreath above their garage.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC! TGIF! Happy Friday!!! Merry Rudolph Eve, Eve! ;) I work until noon today, then a trip to the grocery, then home to load up my things to spend the weekend at moms!! While there, I'm hoping to finish the afghan I've been working on, make a chicken pot pie, (thanks @HomemakinGirl :p) moms 84 year old neighbor wants me to teach her how to crochet an afghan - GAH! Wish me luck!!! :mad: And I want to watch some Christmas movies! I have help coming in tomorrow night at 7:30 - I'll be back at Moms by 8am on Sunday & then the next helper will come in at 6pm on Sunday. It's nice to get a break...as much as I love my mama, I'm not sure I could do a whole weekend every month! :eek:

Sounds like a day of heavy rain & storms for tomorrow. Might as well snuggled in at Moms!

Everyone, have a Fantastic Friday!!!!

Enjoy the chicken pot pie Holiday, it’s so darn good! I hope you have a nice day and a wonderful weekend ahead. Rocky and I are sending hugs to you and Miss Lucy!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
TGIF!! I am ready for the weekend. Looks like Sunday may be a washout but that will be a good excuse to relax for the day and watch some movies. Not too many plans for this weekend just a basketball game tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon, we got some bad news from our school district, a little boy that is in kindergarten at our elementary school died from the flu on Wednesday night. I feel so awful for his family, so heartbreaking.

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

So sorry to hear that SnowflakeMom. Prayers are being sent up for the little boys family.
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Friday MMC ~
We’re expecting rain today with highs near 40 degrees. Just finished cleaning up the kitchen from the morning rush. I’m having a cup of coffee right now and I’m working on a menu plan & grocery list. I need to run to the pet store and butcher this morning. Other than that I will be working on daily chores. Not too much else planned. I’m taking a break from cooking tonight, we’re going to order Chinese Food. That’s about it. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Enjoy the chicken pot pie Holiday, it’s so darn good! I hope you have a nice day and a wonderful weekend ahead. Rocky and I are sending hugs to you and Miss Lucy!
Looking forward to the chicken pot pie tomorrow! :) I'm using your recipe, only I'll put mashed potatoes on top instead of another pie crust. Tonight will be grilled cheese & tomato soup!
Thanks for the hugs...sending them back to you & little Rocky!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Friday MMC ~
We’re expecting rain today with highs near 40 degrees. Just finished cleaning up the kitchen from the morning rush. I’m having a cup of coffee right now and I’m working on a menu plan & grocery list. I need to run to the pet store and butcher this morning. Other than that I will be working on daily chores. Not too much else planned. I’m taking a break from cooking tonight, we’re going to order Chinese Food. That’s about it. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
xx
I just got done making a meal plan for moms next week! Whoever is staying the weekend makes the meal plan for the next week. Always gives me ideas for our own meals! ;)
Enjoy the night off from cooking!
Have a great day!!!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Good Friday wishes to ya all. Here's looking forward to a nice weekend, regardless if it snows, sleets or rains!

I took the day off today to get things done, have a long weekend and to be with my wife, who, has been home sick for the last three days. She's resting, the kitties are napping and I'm getting ready to head to a doctors appointment in about 45 minutes or so.

We came up with a grand idea the other night, for next Christmas, we are going to make up the bed in our bedroom to look very Christmassy. We searched on-line and we found over the course of several web sites and several nights, Linens, sheets, pillow cases, shams, bed skirts, comforters, and quilts that were from this past Christmas, on clearance and they are beautiful, really nice stuff. It will be a Christmas comfy place to sleep by the time we are done with it. Colors like plaid quilt, velvet red shams, white shams, candy striped red sheets and bed skirt; very festive looking. I'm excited, can't wait to see what it will look like for this coming Christmas.

This weekend, weather wise, will be blahhhhh outside; rain, so, it will be a good weekend to just get some loose things tied up on the inside here, run a few errands and such.

Wishing a good day for everyone!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Friday wishes to ya all. Here's looking forward to a nice weekend, regardless if it snows, sleets or rains!

I took the day off today to get things done, have a long weekend and to be with my wife, who, has been home sick for the last three days. She's resting, the kitties are napping and I'm getting ready to head to a doctors appointment in about 45 minutes or so.

We came up with a grand idea the other night, for next Christmas, we are going to make up the bed in our bedroom to look very Christmassy. We searched on-line and we found over the course of several web sites and several nights, Linens, sheets, pillow cases, shams, bed skirts, comforters, and quilts that were from this past Christmas, on clearance and they are beautiful, really nice stuff. It will be a Christmas comfy place to sleep by the time we are done with it. Colors like plaid quilt, velvet red shams, white shams, candy striped red sheets and bed skirt; very festive looking. I'm excited, can't wait to see what it will look like for this coming Christmas.

This weekend, weather wise, will be blahhhhh outside; rain, so, it will be a good weekend to just get some loose things tied up on the inside here, run a few errands and such.

Have a good day, xmastidings! I hope your wife feels better soon!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Hope your wife feels better very soon!!!
Sounds like the bedroom will look amazingly Christmassy. Love it!!!
Enjoy your long weekend!!!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut

Hope your wife is better soon!! So much going around!
You room will look great...sounds so cozy!
Have a great weekend!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Have a great weekend MMC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music