Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My DH got a job!!! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10134)

Sunshine73 07-07-2008 07:52 AM

My DH got a job!!!

I thought I'd posted this here but things have been so crazy lately I guess I missed it...

...My husband is now officially gainfully employed!!! Today is his first day at his new job and hopefully things are going as well as he had hoped they would. His new job pays the same as his previous one and he has to commute to a nearby town, so essentially we'll be taking a pay cut...BUT, this is a job where he will be getting paid to do the things that he does for fun anyway so the commute is worth it!!

We're so excited and I can't wait to hear from him at noon to see how his morning has gone!

Holiday 07-07-2008 08:12 AM

Awesome, awesome news Sunshine! Congrats! I hope it all goes very well for him!! :)

Gingerbug 07-07-2008 08:41 AM

Wonderful News!!!

MrsH 07-07-2008 10:42 AM

Congratulations!!!!! Awesome news!

Minta 07-07-2008 10:43 AM

That's great news! I know you are relieved and now can worry less about the fast approaching holiday season.

Sunshine73 07-07-2008 12:03 PM

Thanks everyone! I did talk to him very briefly over the noon hour and, I hate to say this, he didn't sound too happy. Yikes.

When I asked him how his morning went, I got a sad little 'okay' as a response. He then told me that they'd been wrong in telling him the hours...when they hired him they told him 8-4 if he took a half hour lunch and 8-4:30 if he took an hour lunch, but he just told me that it's actually 4:30 with a half hour lunch and 5:00 if you take an hour. No biggie but I hope that doesn't mean they told him the wrong start time...that would not be a good way to start your first day at a new job!

Hopefully he's just feeing overwhelmed by the new job jitters and will be a bit sunnier this afternoon when he gets home.

Cedarfarm 07-07-2008 12:10 PM

That's great!

Those were my hours. I always ate at my desk and went home early...I think he just feels overwhelmed right now, any new job will do that.

Best of luck to you and husband!

Sunshine73 07-07-2008 12:51 PM

I think you're probably right. New jobs are overwhelming, there's always a lot to learn and take in that first day especially and my DH is not good with change so it's probably even harder for him than it would be for me. It's just so hard to hear him sounding so sad but hopefully this will pass and he will grow to love this job as much as some of his "favorite" jobs.

Meanwhile, I'm am very, very grateful that he has a job and that things are getting somewhat back to normal for us!

Cedarfarm 07-07-2008 01:03 PM

Good Luck with everything Sunshine! I'm terrible with change myself so I can understand.

:treeguy:

Maureen 07-07-2008 01:06 PM

That's terrific - I'm really pleased for you both.

Totally sympathise with the new job jitters though!!!!!!!