Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traditions & Memories (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   is it okay to do this (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10712)

PookerBubbers 08-19-2008 03:19 PM

is it okay to do this

to give toys and clothes and books I don't want anymore to my cousins as Christmas presents?:?
Is it rude?:-?

Ms_Speedy_Elf 08-19-2008 03:25 PM

I have an aunt that bought her Christmas gifts at yard sale's.

I think that it's the thought that counts and if the item's aren't worn and such that there wouldn't be anything wrong.

With the way the economy is these day's ,many have to resort to less expensive measure's.

It's the thought that count's ,not the cost.

Annette1990 08-19-2008 04:37 PM

I agree it's the thought that counts...if the "stuff" is in good, clean, working condition than what's the big deal. I bought my daughter plenty of toys that are in mint condition she has since outgrown and I give these things to my nephew....kids don't know the difference and they don't care...neither should the adults. It's new to them, it's something they don't have so why not let them play with it. My 17 month old nephew is crazy about the books and leap frog products I have given him and so is his mother. No money out of her pocket for these toys. And I feel good about getting more use out of the products and making kids happy. So go for it!

George Broderick, Jr. 08-20-2008 07:31 AM

This is just my two cents worth, but...

If the books aren't too dog-eared and the toys and games are still in the original box, that's okay...

But, if the clothes are worn (even once), they're not gifts... they're hand-me-downs... cheesy

kelly ann 08-20-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette1990 (Post 92313)
I agree it's the thought that counts...if the "stuff" is in good, clean, working condition than what's the big deal. I bought my daughter plenty of toys that are in mint condition she has since outgrown and I give these things to my nephew....kids don't know the difference and they don't care...neither should the adults. It's new to them, it's something they don't have so why not let them play with it. My 17 month old nephew is crazy about the books and leap frog products I have given him and so is his mother. No money out of her pocket for these toys. And I feel good about getting more use out of the products and making kids happy. So go for it!

I agree with you Annette. Kids dont know the difference if it was bought new or given. Its just toys at the end of the day.

JanaBanana 08-20-2008 09:05 AM

Im giving our youngest (who will only be 7 months at Christmas) some toys of the older kids that I have stored away that are in perfectly good condition :) She will never know :)

JOHNOR 08-20-2008 01:15 PM

as people have mentioned before me, the way the economy is at the minute alot of people may be doing the same.

it's the thought that counts and providing it's all in good condition it will be fine.

clarebear 08-20-2008 01:17 PM

Some of the old toys and book's are awesome, you would be doing a great thing, so do it. It is the thought that count's :)

PookerBubbers 08-20-2008 03:12 PM

Thanks for the Reply s! I love this forum, we're like one big family here!:nice:

My gift list is this so far:

I'll give my second cousin this cute little disco ball thing that he loves so much, its just been collecting dust in my closet(I never had a chance to use it), and he loves it so much, he can just sit there and watch it go for hours!

For my Cousin I'll get her this one shirt that a NEVER remembered wearing, but it was to to cute to take back to the store LOL (don't we all find shirts like this:hello:) Its got cute glitter on it and it says Most Likely.....To spend your money, I'm also making her a denim purse out of these old pair of shorts I had!

And for her brother, I have this old Spongebob kite I've never flown.

And for my 3 year old cousin, I've got some little spongebob figurines that I've had for years.
And I'm thinking of giving my moms nephew(going on 8) this spongebob rock em' sock em' robots thing!

rodmonster 08-20-2008 08:11 PM

Naaaa

Until they ASK for certain things....its fine....