Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ideas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Gift Tags from Cards (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10824)

joyful 08-27-2008 08:36 PM

Gift Tags from Cards

When I take the Christmas cards down after Christmas, I just keep the front. Then using a hole puncher I put a hole in it and sometimes cut out the picture (depends on the card design) Then I use ribbon to attach it to gifts and I have a free gift tag. I don't have to buy gift tags and some cards are just perfect as a gift tag.

officepro4u 08-27-2008 08:39 PM

My mom has done this my entire life! I don't think she ever bought a tag until she got older. Thanks for the small trip down memory lane!

joyful 08-27-2008 09:43 PM

You are most welcome. I'm glad I brought back a memory.
Thank you!

SparkleNana 08-28-2008 07:37 AM

I love this idea, joyful! It makes unique tags for each gift! As really nice touch!

cruzin 09-25-2008 07:14 PM

That's a really cute idea! I make small gift boxes out of my xmas cards. My SIL suggested that I use them to give a small token gift to the original sender or write down a special memory about that person of a previous Christmas. I might do that this year with some of them, but I do like this gift tag idea. . .next year! ; )

Thanks!
Gloria

joyful 09-26-2008 06:54 AM

Cruzin, I think the small boxes out of cards is a great idea. They would be so pretty and festive, no need for extra wrap.

When I was growing up at home I would use cards for decorations (my mom was not much for decorating but loved to see the house decorated). I would put them on cupboard doors, interior doors any surface that I could tape them too.

Christmas Snow Angel 09-26-2008 07:16 AM

cute idea, i wouldn't use the cards I received from my parents or my grandparents, I'm saving all those for the memories sake.

Faith4always 09-26-2008 08:18 AM

What a fantabulous idea!! Thanks!:-)

Memaw_Elf 11-04-2008 06:42 PM

Thanks so much for the grat idea!

BooksNChristmas 11-18-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful (Post 94374)
When I take the Christmas cards down after Christmas, I just keep the front. Then using a hole puncher I put a hole in it and sometimes cut out the picture (depends on the card design) Then I use ribbon to attach it to gifts and I have a free gift tag. I don't have to buy gift tags and some cards are just perfect as a gift tag.

I did this one year--it was so cute! I might reinstate it this year!

I'm a huge book lover so I'm going to make me some miniature book ornaments this year (I hope)! I'm going to cut out small usable portions of old Christmas cards and glue them to cardstock. I'm going to use several pieces of paper (or maybe parchment paper) and write quotes from favorite Christmas books, etc. I'll staple all this together (I have one of those staplers that can staple up to 25 pages) close to the edge and then I'll hot glue pretty Christmas ribbon or cording over the staple. Then I will attach a loop as a hanger (somehow) and it will be all ready to hang!

I also thought about making some of those little boxes out of old cards that someone mentioned. I have TONS of old cards!