Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Projects (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Did you know? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11152)

Faith4always 09-17-2008 08:11 AM

Did you know?

That John Deere Fabric is copyrighted?
And that if you make stuff out of their fabric and sell it that John Deer Company can sue you?:-? There is a copyright statement on the edge of the fabric.
I had hoped to make Christmas stockings to sell at a fair. But I saw that. Contacted John Deere and they confirmed this.
I wonder if there is a "loophole" somewhere??

Ms_Speedy_Elf 09-17-2008 08:21 AM

Geez,that really stinks.

Just anything so they can make a buck. :rolls eyes:

But hey look at the bright side...at least you saw the copy right on the fabric and found out before it was too late :D

BritneyBug 09-18-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faithmom6 (Post 99007)
That John Deere Fabric is copyrighted?
And that if you make stuff out of their fabric and sell it that John Deer Company can sue you?:-? There is a copyright statement on the edge of the fabric.
I had hoped to make Christmas stockings to sell at a fair. But I saw that. Contacted John Deere and they confirmed this.
I wonder if there is a "loophole" somewhere??

That's a real shame because I know that here in NC John Deere stockings would sell like mad.

trackrebel 09-18-2008 02:25 PM

now that sucks big time

joyful 09-18-2008 08:18 PM

I thought all they sold was Tractors/riding lawnmowers. We just bought a new riding lawnmower and I would not even consider a John Deere, that bright yellow seat is so ugly and my first thought what a pain to keep clean. LOL, female thinking of cleaning.

So I'm surprised they sell fabric. Good thing you checked it out before hand.

Faith4always 09-18-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful (Post 99413)
I thought all they sold was Tractors/riding lawnmowers. We just bought a new riding lawnmower and I would not even consider a John Deere, that bright yellow seat is so ugly and my first thought what a pain to keep clean. LOL, female thinking of cleaning.

So I'm surprised they sell fabric. Good thing you checked it out before hand.

They have some of the cutest fabrics.
Pinks and greens. All sorts.

irishsnow 09-18-2008 09:27 PM

Nope. Didn't know that

cruzin 09-25-2008 06:00 PM

Yes, unfortunately. That's why I always ask about copyrights concerning any text or pics I would like to use for my wrapper designs. Sometimes, even faux designs can get a person in trouble.

I hope you find something comparable to be able to make the stockings. Good Luck!

Gloria

Faith4always 09-26-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzin (Post 101826)
Yes, unfortunately. That's why I always ask about copyrights concerning any text or pics I would like to use for my wrapper designs. Sometimes, even faux designs can get a person in trouble.

I hope you find something comparable to be able to make the stockings. Good Luck!

Gloria

Hi Gloria,
What kind of "wrapper" designs do you do?

JanaBanana 09-26-2008 08:18 AM

Yes, my husbands friend goes by the nickname Redman...well he started his own business and called it Redman Tactical and then Redman the tobacco company called him told him they would take him to court if he didnt remove it.