Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Christmas surprises & tricks (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11186)

joyful 09-18-2008 08:12 PM

Christmas surprises & tricks

Did anyone have a trick or surprise done on them before Christmas or on Christmas Day?

One year my Mother brought me plain boxes that were taped and told me to wrap them. I loved to wrap gifts and still do. So I was an obedient daughter and I wrapped all the boxes. When I was done, my mother laughed and said to me "You just wrapped all your Christmas presents".

Anyone else have a surprise story or a trick story?

trackrebel 09-19-2008 03:04 AM

haha...now that´s fresh....still laughing bout it

Holiday 09-19-2008 06:12 AM

You have one smart Mamma! :-D

snowytree 09-19-2008 06:43 AM

Two years ago my husband received a "large" gift from his mom..only to find out that inside the box were a bunch of smaller boxes(all wrapped)with the gift inside the last tiny box! He really thought it was a huge gift!!

joyful 09-19-2008 07:43 AM

Well, she hated to wrap gifts. When I got older and had my children's gift to wrap, she still wanted me to wrap for her. My Dad would wrap them for her since I had moved away.

I love the large gift with smaller boxes inside, I'm thinking of doing that this year from my oldest two grandsons, all they want is money, hee hee.

Thanks for the replies!

sugarplum fairy 09-21-2008 05:42 PM

When I was a little girl our family gatering was always at our house on Christmas Eve. It was a lot of fun. One Christmas I was determined to stay up and try to see Santa Claus. Everyone kept saying "Santa won't come if you are awake. You have to be asleep. Santa knows if you are asleep or not." I would not go to sleep so my aunt and uncle left. When they got home they called and said my cousin had gone to bed so I should too. I was determined to see Santa. A little while later they called back and said that Santa had been there and left my cousin a lot of presents because she went to sleep, and asked if Santa had been to my house yet. Of course, he hadn't. I became scared that I had blown it and Santa wouldn't come to my house because I wouldn't go to bed. Needless to say, I went to bed. I tried to stay awake, but didn't make it. I was very happy the next morning when I woke up to see that Santa didn't forget me.

joyful 09-22-2008 05:44 AM

I do so enjoy these stories. I remember trying to sleep on Christmas Eve and hearing noises downstairs. I was so scared that I covered up my head (you know bedcovers keep us safe in a child's mind). I was so glad when Christmas morning came that year.

Thanks for posting everyone!

VeryWelshXmasLover 09-24-2008 08:41 AM

LOL thats a great trick with getting you to unknowingly wrap all your own gifts. Classic! :)

trackrebel 09-24-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarplum fairy (Post 100257)
When I was a little girl our family gatering was always at our house on Christmas Eve. It was a lot of fun. One Christmas I was determined to stay up and try to see Santa Claus. Everyone kept saying "Santa won't come if you are awake. You have to be asleep. Santa knows if you are asleep or not." I would not go to sleep so my aunt and uncle left. When they got home they called and said my cousin had gone to bed so I should too. I was determined to see Santa. A little while later they called back and said that Santa had been there and left my cousin a lot of presents because she went to sleep, and asked if Santa had been to my house yet. Of course, he hadn't. I became scared that I had blown it and Santa wouldn't come to my house because I wouldn't go to bed. Needless to say, I went to bed. I tried to stay awake, but didn't make it. I was very happy the next morning when I woke up to see that Santa didn't forget me.

aaaaaaaaaaaw...I love that story...itīs so cute

joyful 09-24-2008 05:31 PM

Thanks for the replies, I hope to read more stories.