Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Food (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Do you guys have a special meal on Christmas Eve? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11313)

Faith4always 09-24-2008 09:28 AM

Do you guys have a special meal on Christmas Eve?

I am sure some families do their Christmas get togethers on Christmas Eve.
We don't. I would like to start some kind of Christmas Eve tradition with my kids including a very special Christmas Eve non traditional meal. My oldest son loves homemade cheese dip with the rotel tomatoes. So, I am thinking we will have tacos, enchiladas, cheese dip, etc. Does anybody else have a nontraditional Christmas Eve meal?
Then, I put our treats and goodies in Christmas containers and leave them out in the kitchen so everybody can "graze"!!!
Then, we will leave cheese and eggnog for Santa at bedtime!:razz::D

VeryWelshXmasLover 09-24-2008 09:37 AM

I don't have any meal tradition on Christmas Eve, but I would love to have one!! I'll keep a close eye on this thread :grin:

At the mo, my Christmas Eve tradition is to watch The Muppets Christmas Carol. I love that film!

I really would like more traditions :)

VeryWelshXmasLover 09-24-2008 09:38 AM

Leaving Christmas treats in containers in the kitchen for grazing sounds good! lol

whitexmas 09-24-2008 09:57 AM

On christmas eve we usually have a bunch of finger foods and appetizers, then christmas day we have a sit down traditional dinner. So christmas eve, its usually cheese balls, really good bread, maybe a salad, spiced nuts, maybe lil wenies in bbq sauce, of course LOTS of cookies and sweet treats that i've made throughout the season. I'm a huge baker, so I enjoy making all the recipes I can find! haha

trackrebel 09-24-2008 10:30 AM

well...Christmas Eve is our Big Day....but we don´t have a traditional dinner...or even lunch....last year we ate Spaghetti Bolognese (meat balls)....and in the evening we always have dinner at grandma and grandpa....she usually prepares some noodle or potato salad along some sausage and bread we can prepare sandwiches from.....thinking bout it....that last few years we had fish...cold fish like salmon and stuff....at the end we have some cheese.....Grandma usually has icecream for everybody as a desert....but nobody touches it usually cos we are all so stuffed...:D...of course the kids will eat it...I´m sure.

trackrebel 09-24-2008 10:32 AM

@faithmom

Your dinner plans sound very delicious....and I´m sure Santa will be happy bout the cheese dip as well...:D

Faith4always 09-24-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackrebel (Post 101196)
@faithmom

Your dinner plans sound very delicious....and Iīm sure Santa will be happy bout the cheese dip as well...:D

Thank you!
We will have the traditional turkey and dressing with all the trimmings on Christmas Day!
I am so excited!!

snowytree 09-24-2008 11:18 AM

We usually have ham sandwiches and a bunch of all the different appetizers that we like! We also have a ton of junk food:)

trackrebel 09-24-2008 11:24 AM

who doesn´t like junkfood.

of course when we arrive at my grandma´s on Christmas Eve, she has a big bowl of handmade christmas cookies....at least 8 or 10 different types...and she will be sad if we don´t eat....lol...so we eat....and then eat dinner...we are stuffed like crazy...boy I think I need to start working out so I can eat all of it, without weighin a ton

snowytree 09-24-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackrebel (Post 101222)
who doesnīt like junkfood.

of course when we arrive at my grandmaīs on Christmas Eve, she has a big bowl of handmade christmas cookies....at least 8 or 10 different types...and she will be sad if we donīt eat....lol...so we eat....and then eat dinner...we are stuffed like crazy...boy I think I need to start working out so I can eat all of it, without weighin a ton

Your'e cracking me up! It sounds like my grandmother when she was alive...it just wasn't right unless we were eating every minute! I didn't want to disappoint her!