Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A dry spell (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1136)

sheepsnot 08-03-2006 03:55 PM

A dry spell

Have we hit a dry spell here? No, I'm not talking about the number of days since I enjoyed a good cup of eggnog. I'm talking about the lack of posts. We are a streaky bunch (and I'm guessing that most of us are too old to be streaking.), talking up a storm for a couple days and then not saying anything for a couple more. Yes, I know school is starting and your kids need new clothes and you have been reading your son's required summer reading with him just so he is allowed back, but that's no excuse to ignore the important things. Come on, I have too much to say to be by myself! :grin: :) :D 8)

elfworks 08-03-2006 05:06 PM

i have been a tad preoccupied with the back-to-back deaths of two friends. unrelated. one a car wreck and one was ill tho he hadnt told any of us he was sick.

i keep checking in here but nobody is saying anything!!

xo

Jeff Westover 08-04-2006 01:11 AM

Elfworks, sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you are holding up ok.

Sheep: Sorry, I'm dealing with a huge project in Denver for the next couple of months and I have been there since late Monday and just barely rolled in about 20 minutes ago. I'm going to be in and out like this for a while. The best news? No travel next week, for the first time in about a month.

Jeff

digbugsgirl 08-04-2006 07:48 AM

I pop in twice a day (on weekdays). I have noticed that the posts are getting a little slow. Maybe everybody has been out of the mood with this heat???

Brandy

sheepsnot 08-04-2006 02:59 PM

The heat sure can zap you into apathy. However, I always appreciate August heat because it makes me long for fall. I, too, am sorry about your friends, Elfworks. It seems that when it rains, it pours bad news. Have you folks noticed that even though you are out of town or grieving or suffering from heat related illnesses, you still check in at MMC? Truly a Christmas-crazy bunch. I'm proud to know you all. 8)

skiparooney 08-06-2006 02:44 AM

:-) I been poppin in and out all year. But Ive been all alone and no-one to have a chat too :( Anyway ... glad we all seem to be gettin back together again now though .... talk soon :)

AuntieMistletoeDear 08-06-2006 05:00 AM

8-) It's a little odd that I have posted more in the last three weeks than I had since I joined. I've been busy off and on all summer, but when it's hot and humid outside - the computer room isn't a bad place to be. And posting about Christmas (I usually have snow in early November) makes it seem cooler.

I am sorry to hear about your friends too, Elfworks. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

sheepsnot 08-15-2006 01:22 PM

The saying goes, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." The cat (Jeff) is away, but there's no playing going on. We have had a few stormy and cloudy days lately, so it's almost enough to make me think fall. Kids are in school, the Halloween stuff is starting to show up. It's beginning to look a lot like pre-Christmas!
:-)

elfworks 08-15-2006 01:39 PM

well i am keen for some holiday banter! i had a festive day yesterday. overate. anyway, as far as i am concerned, summer is over when my birthday is over, so i am full speed ahead for fall!

been working on a new fall wreath for my new apt. am also making up a batch of fall potpourri with pinecones and ribbon (hard to explain...)

but play away my friend, this little mousie aint scared of no cat!

:D

:???:

xo