Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Plans for xmas 2008 (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11370)

ryansrs1 09-26-2008 03:09 PM

Plans for xmas 2008

Just woundering what everyone is planning for this xmas?

My son be nearly 2 this year, still a lil young to no whats happening but knows that its something to get xcited about. Any ideas what i can do for him as well as the usual grotto and pardades?? Eventhough im not a church goer, im making it a priority go and listend to some classic carols played by a brass band and sung by a choir- when i see it on tv its sends a shiver down my spinecheesy.

In about 2-3 years im gona take my son to Lapland (equially for my benifit-always wanted to go), im waiting that long as i want him to be able to remember it when he older as Christmas so special when your so young. Anyone ever been- whats it like,expensive i no that much ha ha.

So come on what you all got planned?

J

89 DAYS TO GO--WHOO HOOOOOOO:cry:

joyful 09-26-2008 05:05 PM

Last year we went to my daughter's home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, she lives a distance away so we spent the night. So I promised hubby that this Christmas we won't leave our home and the kids can come to us. And if they don't come, we are still staying home. (He likes to spend Christmas at home)

trackrebel 09-27-2008 01:32 AM

all of my family lives close...my brother a bit away...but only a 45minutes drive...not much in theStates...but in _Germany we consider that to be a distance....:D

so we all gon celebrate together...my brother and his wife and kisd will celebrate with her family on the Christmas Eve....

On one of the Christmas Days 25th or 26th will be spend with them. Christmas Eve our big day...we gon spend it with my mom and my grandparents...we will probably go to Church at four.....somehow I always choke up when, at the end the whole church is singing Oh Du Fröhliche

JOHNOR 09-27-2008 04:03 AM

i was thinking about the run up to christmas yesterday, making notes in my diary of what i will be doing etc..

i need to fit in a trip to the village's local farmer's market, it is so beautiful in december. there are stalls full of cakes and popcorn with warm chocolate sauce. there is a huge coffee stall that serves all kinds of different coffees. and of course you can get your meat, vegetables etc.. for over christmas.

i will also be visiting church in the weeks before christmas, as we don't tend to go on christmas eve/day. there will be a few of us going and we will be taking my new baby niece who will be 11 months old then, we want to get her blessed.

i will also have to go shopping for my annual christmas party for all the children in my family, it's always on the second weekend in december. me and my cousin (who's like my sister and best friend) will be going to buy food, decorations and presents for the party. every year we go to the same shopping centre for everything and they always have a brass band playing all the christmas carols. i love it, it's so festive and makes the day feel so special!

trackrebel 09-27-2008 04:09 AM

popcorn with warm chocolate?

I think Im movin to England

Snow is falling... 09-27-2008 04:24 AM

We were thinking of spending Xmas in NY or Boston, but in the end we decided to stay here (Dublin, Ireland). I guess the best place to spend Christmas is at home... :)

Other than that we don't really have anything planned. Just the usual relaxing holiday. ;)

JOHNOR 09-27-2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackrebel (Post 102366)
popcorn with warm chocolate?

I think Im movin to England

it's soooooooooo good!

trackrebel 09-27-2008 05:08 AM

I can imagine that...I just told my maaaaaaaan....that we are buying popcorn....I might buy some chocolate as well and melt it....

what type of chocolate is it? milk chocolate or bitter dark chocolate (I prefer that)?

JOHNOR 09-27-2008 05:54 AM

there is a choice, basically it's a huge vat of popcorn, the lady places it in a lovely christmas bag for you and then pours over either dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate. i need some now!

trackrebel 09-27-2008 10:01 AM

got the chocolate to melt and popcorn to do...we will probably do it this evening and watch The Santa Clause