Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hello!!! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117)

scottishrose6 10-13-2005 10:57 AM

Hello!!!

I recognize some of the names here!! :D

My name is Annie and I'm a full time working Mom to four kids ages 5-11 living in a suburb of Buffalo, NY.

I'm sort of a reformed Scrooge I guess in that I come late into enjoying the Christmas season.
I love the music, the food, the decorations and being with my children during the holiday :smile:

I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Annie

Elf Ed Zachary 10-13-2005 04:08 PM

Welcome, Annie. We're enjoying you already. We're a smallish group, at least those of us who are active here.

But we're very proud of our new look. We think we've got the Christmas look down better than anyone out there. If you've got friends in other forums you need to bring them here so they can see how it is done!

Elf Ed Zachary

Mr. Christmas 10-13-2005 05:33 PM

Couldn't have said it better, my friend.

Welcome, Annie! :smile:

pattyjo 10-13-2005 08:19 PM

introductions

:grin: welcome Annie, I hope you enjoy this sight as much as I do, you seem to have your hands full with your kids as I do mine, I have 5 kids, and there ages run from 5 to 13, but I would't have it any other way. they are my life, so agin I welcome you :lol: 8) :)

Jeff Westover 10-14-2005 07:46 AM

Yes, we definitely have the kid thing covered here. My kids are ages 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 19 -- six girls and a boy. We know how you feel!

Welcome, Annie!
:grin:
Jeff

RadioJonD 10-14-2005 08:38 PM

Hello again in another place, Annie! We do tend to get around in these circles, don't we?

Jonathan

AuntieMistletoeDear 10-15-2005 12:29 PM

:-) Welcome Annie, it's great to share another forum with you. Enjoy yourself. :)

gracie 10-15-2005 04:21 PM

Holy Smokes you guys have a bunch of kids. I have a question--I have 3 daughters Emily, Katie and Bethany. They all have the same name, Kate Bethem( I try talking to one and nearly always say the wrong name and try to correct it)!! Do you all call the kids by the wrong name sometime and how do they react? Mine hate it and I do it all the time!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Westover 10-15-2005 11:08 PM

Oh, all the time! Usually they laugh. My 13 year old is very wry and she has a way of catching the dumb things I say in my feeble attempts to communicate with so many at once.

One time I asked her during a rather animated conversation -- Abby, how many times does lightning strike twice?

What I got was immediate laughter and now I'll never live it down. All the kids remind me of what a stupid thing it was to say.

So yes, getting their names mixed up or just plain forgotten in the heat of battle is a frequent occurence. It reminds me of that Bill Cosby routine where he talks about his mother forgetting his name -- Come here, you...you...whoever you are! Don't you try to hide from me, I know who you are. I brought you in this world and I'll take you out!...

Jeff

SinatraClaus 10-17-2005 09:03 AM

Hello scottishrose6! Jeff runs a great ship over here! You should enjoy yourself! 8)