Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Christmas Room (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11809)

TooShort4 10-14-2008 12:56 PM

Christmas Room

Hey all. So I have this spare room in my basement that is completely trashed due to flooding and storms and such. Me and my one friend are both obsessed with Christmas, and go all out on it every year. So we decided to turn this spare room into a Christmas room. We just started it yesterday, and the only thing we got done is a table setup and a 6foot tree setup. We are buying tons of lights and decorations, and we are going to have a coffee maker,microwave,fridge, tv/dvd player[for christmas movies!] and a radio down there. It is going to be amazing to sit down there in this Christmas filled room when its blizzarding out and sipping on some coffee listening to christmas music. The only lights that will be used to light the room is going to be christmas lights on the walls and ceiling, and surrounding the floor. I will post pictures when were finished! Anyone else ever done anything like this?

CharlestonNole 10-14-2008 12:58 PM

Never done it, just don't have the space.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait for the pics!

SparkleNana 10-14-2008 01:01 PM

TooShort4 -- that sounds GREAT to me!!!!! And how lucky you are to have another friend who loves Christmas as much as we all do! Be sure to get a really really comfortable couch -- or two, if there is enough room. They don't have to be new and fancy - just comfy!!

Undrtakr 10-14-2008 01:02 PM

Id love to do that but I dont think my Wife would ever go for that ;)

TooShort4 10-14-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparkleNana (Post 109538)
TooShort4 -- that sounds GREAT to me!!!!! And how lucky you are to have another friend who loves Christmas as much as we all do! Be sure to get a really really comfortable couch -- or two, if there is enough room. They don't have to be new and fancy - just comfy!!

Ah we have really soft chairs (:
we also have these one soft thick mats we laid on the floor and put a blanket over them. very comfy.

I dont think we can afford a couch lol

Lorn--xx 10-14-2008 01:03 PM

wish i had the space to do that!!

trackrebel 10-14-2008 01:13 PM

sounds so great and cosy...I wish I had room for something like this

TooShort4 10-14-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackrebel (Post 109564)
sounds so great and cosy...I wish I had room for something like this

Yeah it is. There is a little old fashion heater down there too (: its amazing.

Head Elf 10-14-2008 01:24 PM

and don't forget the stereo so you can play Christmas music whenever you want. Sounds like a cool idea to me. I keep a tree up all year long in my scrapbook room. It's a little purple tree. Keep up the good work and don't forget the pictures to share.

TooShort4 10-14-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Elf (Post 109576)
and don't forget the stereo so you can play Christmas music whenever you want. Sounds like a cool idea to me. I keep a tree up all year long in my scrapbook room. It's a little purple tree. Keep up the good work and don't forget the pictures to share.

Stereo is already up (: