Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Crazy--no way! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11868)

BooksNChristmas 10-16-2008 03:14 AM

Crazy--no way!

I have a little anecdote for you...

My mom works for a home health agency (schedules home visits, etc). She told me this evening that one of her nurses came in to the office and was talking about his patient. He said, "I think she's crazy because she was listening to Christmas music! She said it raises her spirits and makes her feel better (AMEN!)." I told mom that she should have told him that her daughter (me) listens to it this early too and she's not crazy. She didn't say anything. I said, "You didn't tell him that I do it too, did you? You didn't want him to think I was crazy!" She nodded, laughing.

MY MOM THINKS I'M CRAZY! Not really, but she does not understand why I get in to it so early. I guess some people just don't and I respect that, but calling those of us who do "crazy" is a little harsh!

On another note, I think it's great that an elderly person can have their spirits lifted and feel better just from listening to Christmas music.

:point:

kelly ann 10-16-2008 05:15 AM

The crazy people are the ones who dont get into the Christmas spirit early, lol

joyful 10-16-2008 05:22 AM

Yes, music is very powerful and nothing more uplifting than Christmas carols.

I agree it is great that the woman is listening and having her spirit lifted listening to Christmas music.

Alright!!!!!!

snowytree 10-16-2008 06:09 AM

Christmas music is very inspirational, that's why I love to listen:) My mom is actually not a very big Christmas person, but she has gotten to like it a little more over the years...more so than when I was younger. One year she didn't have a tree so the kids and I went to buy her a small tree and ornaments, and also included some of the kids ornaments. We showed up at her door with a tree delivery and the kids and I helped her decorate ..she has never forgotten that! I think that may have been the year it got turned around for her.

Sorry for getting off subject!

SparkleNana 10-16-2008 06:18 AM

:sparkle::sparkle:God Bless that woman with her Christmas music!

Lorn--xx 10-16-2008 06:38 AM

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year its makes everyone feel happy and better so why not enjoy the music and DVDs etc all year around... Keep the spirits up and keep people happy!! =D wooooooo XX

GOD BLESS HER.... May she live a long and cheerful life with lots of xmas music and xmas cheer! =D she sounds BRILLIANT!!!

the only thing im crazy about is the season xxxxxxxxxxxx

lol

were all crazy weirdoss (thats what everyone thinks anyway)

=)

xxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxx
xx
x

xxxxxx

George Broderick, Jr. 10-16-2008 07:34 AM

To paraphrase Albert Einstein... only people who listen to the exact same Christmas song over and over again and expect different lyrics each time are crazy.

Did you know if you play Holly Jolly Christmas backwards at a slower speed you can hear Rudolph saying "I buried Blitzen"..? cheesy

RadioJonD 10-16-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. (Post 110865)
...Did you know if you play Holly Jolly Christmas backwards at a slower speed you can hear Rudolph saying "I buried Blitzen"..?

LOL!

Undrtakr 10-16-2008 09:04 AM

More power to ya! I love Christmas music!

irishsnow 10-16-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly ann (Post 110806)
The crazy people are the ones who dont get into the Christmas spirit early, lol

Totally agree Kelly :tree: