Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you take time off from work around Christmas? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11880)

Mr Walker 10-16-2008 08:31 AM

Do you take time off from work around Christmas?

I work for my state and along with our sick time and vacation time, they give us three days personal days that must be used by the end of the year or you will 'lose' them. You don't need to give rhyme or reason as to why you are using them and they can't be denied. I've always made it a habit to save those days for Christmas week in December. This way I've never had to worry about having a vacation request denied. This year I'll be able to use those three days for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... Christmas (paid holiday) is Thursday and I'll take a vacation day on Friday.

I've never been one to schedule a summer vacation so Christmas has always been the time of year that I like to take off from work. Does anyone else plan their work vacations around the Holidays?

Mr Walker 10-16-2008 08:33 AM

Jeez...
Just looking at the calender.
Thanksgiving comes late in November this year so by the time Thanksgiving weekend is over... it kinda looks like there's only 3 weeks until Christmas arrives.
That time is gonna fly this year.

snowytree 10-16-2008 08:41 AM

I stay at home, so Im here already. My husband will try and take off the day before and after Christmas..it doesn't always work out though. Just depends on the amount of work going on.

irishsnow 10-16-2008 08:44 AM

I get off the day before Christmas eve and I'm off until the third of January so I get a good holiday around that time :tree:

kelly ann 10-16-2008 08:50 AM

Im at home already, although my husband gets a week off work every year, normally starting a day or two before christmas and back to work Jan 2.

Undrtakr 10-16-2008 08:55 AM

Yes I take Christmas Eve day, Christmas day and Boxing Day off :)

yolie8174 10-16-2008 09:09 AM

I always take my vacation at Christmas time, this year my vacation will be 12/20-01/05. If I ever get denied my vacation I will cause a riotcheesy just kidding, but I will be mad.:-?

JOHNOR 10-16-2008 09:11 AM

my partner and i are self employed so we both take time off around christmas. with me being an actress, i am pretty sure a day will come where i have to work over the majority of christmas in a play or something, i am dreading it!

tgalata 10-16-2008 09:21 AM

I have always taken Christmas Eve and the days between Christmas and New Years' off to spend with the family. However, this year because of my job I will have to work the week between Christmas and New Years'. I will only be able to take Christmas Eve and the day after off.:sad:

lmm8606 10-16-2008 09:31 AM

I stay at home with the kids but my husband will have off a couple of days before Christmas until after the new year (not sure on exact dates...I'm too lazy to go look at the calendar, lol).