Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Using a cookie press (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12819)

susan423 11-15-2008 08:32 AM

Using a cookie press

Is there a trick to using a cookie press? I have 3 of them cause I kept thinking it was the press. Now I'm thinking it's me Last week I was using a Kitchenaid manual press. The first click wouldn't hit the cookie sheet, the second click got too much out and it turned into a round globby mess. (I wasn't using non stick) I thought maybe it was to soft so I put it in the fridge for maybe an hour. Then it got so hard it wouldn't come out A while back I used the Todd English rechargeable cookie press. I don't remember what went wrong with that one but I haven't used it since. Was just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Ms_Speedy_Elf 11-15-2008 08:41 AM

I just sent you a PM . :D

Sunshine73 11-15-2008 11:53 AM

I have issues with cookie presses as well. I gave up using them a long time ago. :-? I'm just very easily frustrated I guess.

Annette1990 11-15-2008 12:11 PM

Wish I could help you out. I actually have one but have never used it. Looks to complicated to me.

Christmasstar 11-17-2008 12:05 PM

I too had problems with them

Now I use an icing decorating bag and icing tips to make different shapes. It works great for me, but then I use them all the time on my cakes. It would take a bit of practice, but you might find it easier.
:tree:

Trinityjae 11-17-2008 08:24 PM

Hey there!

I too have become frustrated with the cookie press. The only one I've ever had any luck with is the cookie shooter (electric) which is from the 80's. My Mom used it every year and it made the nicest cookies! I ended up buying one on Ebay and I've had the best of luck with it so far! I won't touch any other cookie press.

sdkluger 11-17-2008 08:42 PM

We bought a manual cookie press last year. I found that one click was usually enough for one cookie. If it were off cycle due to the end of the dough or something then I either went a click and a half or went a click and removed the dough so I'd be back on cycle.

misjordi 11-21-2008 06:41 PM

I had one and it did the same thing. So I threw it out, I also get mad easily. It's just easier to use a spoon or cookie cutters to me. I don't think it's you, because it would then be me also, hahaha!! Sorry I can't help you out more.

Head Elf 12-07-2008 03:43 PM

ok, I guess I'm a little weird then.... my cookie press is wonderful when I do use it. But I can understand the frustration level if it doesn't work as well for you. Practice, practice, practice.....

susan423 12-07-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misjordi (Post 134206)
I had one and it did the same thing. So I threw it out, I also get mad easily. It's just easier to use a spoon or cookie cutters to me. I don't think it's you, because it would then be me also, hahaha!! Sorry I can't help you out more.

Thanks :-) I decided it's not worth it. So many great cookies out there I shouldn't stress over my cookie press. I make great cut out cookies so I'm ok. I'm not going to throw them out but I'm not using them for a while either :-)