Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Did you see what they did to Rudolph last night? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13410)

MerryCarey 12-04-2008 07:53 AM

Did you see what they did to Rudolph last night?

Even though I have a DVD of the program, I tuned in to the network broadcast of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" last night to check it out. They apparently did some sort of digital time-compression that, instead of speeding up the program to fit in the full complement of commercials, deleted random micro-seconds from the show. Mostly it wasn't too noticeable, but the song "We're a Couple of Misfits" was so choppy, it was like watching a film with splices. Ugh. And the "micro-editing" interfered with the closed captioning, too. Shameful.

:rudolph:

CharlestonNole 12-04-2008 08:09 AM

No way. That is messed up.

Leave the classics alone!

JanaBanana 12-04-2008 09:30 AM

I didnt see the show? But I heard that they ruined the remastered cartoon of the grinch too?

mac55 12-04-2008 12:07 PM

I found some of the commercial breaks were put in the oddest places during the Grinch on Monday night.

ML

rodmonster 12-04-2008 01:16 PM

Yup

Yup and mentioned it to my wife as well.
Saw a bunch of chops AND they sped some areas up that have always been a little out of sequence in the video (like Rudolph's nose popping off when he is playing with the other buck).
Yup - leave it to the networks to mess it up!
=)

BritneyBug 12-04-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryCarey (Post 138624)
Even though I have a DVD of the program, I tuned in to the network broadcast of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" last night to check it out. They apparently did some sort of digital time-compression that, instead of speeding up the program to fit in the full complement of commercials, deleted random micro-seconds from the show. Mostly it wasn't too noticeable, but the song "We're a Couple of Misfits" was so choppy, it was like watching a film with splices. Ugh. And the "micro-editing" interfered with the closed captioning, too. Shameful.

:rudolph:

YUCK! Why do they have to mess with rudolph?

RavenHardt 12-04-2008 07:48 PM

I am so glad that I own the originals...for that reason

Annette1990 12-04-2008 09:47 PM

I recorded it but haven't had time to watch it. That's a bummer thou.

christmas87 12-04-2008 10:08 PM

yup just as i was readin the post i was watchin it since i recorded it last night and they did mess that song up alot and u could easliy notice it.

bhenson 12-04-2008 10:15 PM

I missed it last night. I was watching Finding John CHristmas, Santa Who? and Santa Jr on my dvr. I hope they reshow the orginal rudolph again!:rudolph: