Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Please Help (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13596)

TooShort4 12-14-2008 07:07 AM

Please Help

I was so much in the Christmas spirit. Then, my grandpa passed away three nights ago and I just lost all of my Christmas Spirit. Please help me get it back!

MerryChristmasLydio 12-14-2008 07:24 AM

OH! I am sorry to hear that your Grandpa passed. Buy a special ornament of something he liked then put it on a special place on your tree. So he'll always have a special place in your heart and on the tree. Just know he's "home" for the Holidays. Hugs o ya. <3

MrsH 12-14-2008 07:33 AM

Oh TS4, I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. I LOVE MerryChristimasLydios idea of buying a special ornament. What was your favorite thing to do together? Fishing? Woodworking? Gardening? Or find an ornament that you already have that reminds you of him? Celebrate his life and remember all of the happy memories.

And when you feel the Christmas Spirit slipping away...pop onto the forums for a little pick me up.

CharlestonNole 12-14-2008 08:29 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know it has to be tough for you and your family.

All I can say, is that you are in the right place for all things Christmas.

Surround yourself with the love and peace of Christmas and I am sure your spirit and joy will return.

HolidayHoney 12-14-2008 08:31 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. MerryChristmasLydio had a great idea for you, and please try to remember that he wanted you to be happy.

sugarplum fairy 12-14-2008 10:23 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I love the idea about a special ornament. Remember, he is having Christmas everyday now. It doesn't make you miss him any less, but if he loved Christmas as much as you just think how great that is for him. YOu know he would want you to celebrate and be happy. Remember all the good times and fun things you two shared. Honor those memories by doing something special for him (such as the ornament, lighting a candle, donating to charity in his name, etc.) Know that no matter what, he is still with you in your heart and in your memories. That will never change.
I hope you can somehow find some kind of peace and enjoy the holidays. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mumof2 12-14-2008 10:27 AM

AW Tooshort im sorry,I lost my SIL 3 days before thanksgiving and im still feeling the same way..keep him in your thoughts and think of things he loved,he'd want you to enjoy the season. keep smiling..Lots of love and hugs..

georgiamom 12-14-2008 11:20 AM

I am so sorry to hear this, this happen a few year ago to our family no only once but twice my grand father inlaw past away first and then a few years later his wife my grand mother in law passed. It was hard but being they were both in their 90's I could only feel that God wanted them to be with him during the season when Heaven is at it's best. Plus Granny's birthday was only a few days later and she would have wanted to be with grandad on her birthday, they had been married for over 65 years. Just think of it this way. He is in Heaven with the Angels looking down watching you have a wonderful Chirstmas and wanting you to celebrate. Make it extra special for his memory. :celebrate: I remember my grandfather saying we should celebrate when someone pass into Heaven, they are nolonger in pain or have worries and cry when a child is born. I will keep you in my thoughts an prayers.

Jeff Westover 12-14-2008 12:36 PM

Wow, TooShort. I've sorry to hear the tough time you and your family must be going through.

If you think about it, Christmas is all about the hope of eternal life. I don't know where you stand on these things but I agree with the great thoughts expressed here. I'm sure the last thing your grandfather would want would be for you to have a terrible Christmas. I think it is great thing to celebrate the life of a loved one lost at Christmas. In my house, we remember all those we have lost and think of them as celebrating with us on the other side - much as the angels mingled with the shepherds on the night Christ was born!

Thoughts and prayers are with you from here, my friend.

novelist 12-14-2008 02:43 PM

:rudolph:Sorry for your loss. I know it's hard, especially when someone dies close to the holidays. My father passed away a year ago in October, and thisis the second Christmas without him. Even though I love the holidays, I still have my moments where i miss my father so much, even though I know he is happier now. Take it one day at a time, and each day will get easier. Sending hugs!