Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Super-Condensed, Assembly-Free Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13734)

Jeff Westover 12-21-2008 08:54 AM

Super-Condensed, Assembly-Free Christmas

Last night my wife and I completed our Christmas shopping -- check that, we started and completed our Christmas shopping. 7 kids, 2 hours and done. A record!

Best news? There's NOTHING to put together this year. Just have to wrap it today and then worry only about our Christmas Eve party food.

Amazing. It is symbolic of how our entire Christmas season has gone -- super fast. We're expecting snow every day between now and the day after Christmas, too.

JayIsh 12-21-2008 10:47 AM

I feel the same way Jeff...Super fast this year...Not usre if there is a way to slow it down some but if I could I would...My Mom once said that the older we got, the fewer presents we had to open, and the more Christmas cost...Cause the older we get, the more expensive our toys become!!! You done travelling til after Christmas now?

SparkleNana 12-21-2008 10:57 AM

Congratulations to you and your wife, Jeff! What a great shopping expedition!!! Of course, you and your wife give your children so much more than just the gifts under the tree! And when we think of how many gifts you give to your family here on this board -- Wow! Thank you!

Janey 12-21-2008 11:40 AM

Yes, my parents and me have done all of ours in three days which is good because we had to travel to different places, dad was working, etc :D

Well done!

Maebeary 12-21-2008 12:41 PM

Wow! Fantastic! I hope it does slow down. I hear you when you say "It's going fast." I have two weeks off and I'm hoping it will go slow. Merry Christmas! I'm not done yet and I only have two children....grown up but not forgotten. :razz:

Annette1990 12-21-2008 08:34 PM

Wow that is record time I would say. Your wife must be very well organized and had it all planned out to a T. Great job!cheesy

rodmonster 12-21-2008 09:28 PM

Wow!

All i can say is WOW!!!!

Boogedy 12-21-2008 11:26 PM

That is amazing--7 kids done in 2 hours? You guys are pros! Though I suppose that after 7 kids you would have to be. :D Enjoy the snow!

sgrover 12-22-2008 08:54 AM

Good for you! And nothing to assemble! Wow. Come to think of it, we don't have anything to assemble either. But hooking up after the boxes are opened, now that's another story. My daughter is getting Guitar Hero and a new MP3 player. Good thing she's got teenage brothers, they'll be helping with that!

whychristmas 12-22-2008 10:45 AM

Yowzers, no wonder you're the christmas man with speed like that! Will you have some spare time to give santa a hand as well now!?