Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   im going to be busy (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13768)

kelly ann 12-23-2008 03:04 AM

im going to be busy

Tonight I will make some mince pies and gingerbread cookies for my daughter and if I have time I will attempt to make a chocolate cake. Ive never made one before so im hoping it will turn out ok, if not I will buy a shop one just incase. I have to go to the supermarket later before the mad rush for bread and milk, lol I dont know why people are panicking, the shops re open on boxing Day.
Then clean up the house and tomorrow I will make us a buffet for tea. Followed by a hot chococlate and a Santa Clause movie.

What are you doing?

Minta 12-23-2008 07:00 AM

Sounds like you will be having fun.

I have to work today and tomorrow til 3. Tonight I will finish wrapping gifts and clean. Tomorrow after work I will make my pies (apple crumb and pumpkin) and then my hubbys mom and brother will join us for dinner and spend the evening with us. After Santa to come around on the local fire truck , the kids will get their new PJs on and then we will relax and watch some Christmas movies before bed time.

Christmas day will be busy for us as we are hosting breakfest and dinner.

JOHNOR 12-23-2008 07:55 AM

i am too busy for words!

today i have cleaned the house from top to bottom, then in an hour i have to drop my partner's parent's presents off at their home, pick my 2 cousins and my mum up (we are going to see it's a wonderful life and having dinner at a chinese restaurant)

tomorrow is non stop, between visiting most of my relations, having dinner with some friends etc... i won't have a spare minute!

sgrover 12-23-2008 07:56 AM

I've got about 4 bags of cookies frozen in the freezer, so I'll be getting those up tonight to thaw out for Christmas Eve. I'm sure I'll be doing some sort of grocery shopping tomorrow, weather permitting. We're in another winter storm advisory right now, although I did make it to work today.

We plan to do steaks and shrimp in the grill (yes, even in the snow storm, my hubby is a die hard when it comes to grilling out!), a few hores de ourves, etc., for a late lunch, church at 4:00, then home to open some presents!

I have to make a 7 layer salad to take to my parents for Christmas Day dinner there. And for the first time, I am going to attempt to make a plumb pudding. I finally found a recipe that didn't call for beef suet, so I'll give it a try. Wish me luck, I've never tasted one, much less made one!

Annette1990 12-23-2008 08:28 AM

cheesyWell with tomorrow being Christmas Eve, and us staying home this year, I plan to let daughter open one present. I also plan to make appetizers to snack on. I will make a meat, cheese and cracker platter, little smokies in BBQ sauce, stuffed mushrooms and a shrimp cocktail dip/spread. I will also prep a quiche I plan to make for Christmas morning and later on Christmas Day I plan to make a prime rib with all the fixins. So I to will be really busy. Good luck Kellyann on your chocolate cake. I am sure you will do just fine. If you can make cookies you shouldn't have any problems making a cake. cheesy

Janey 12-23-2008 10:53 AM

Tomorrow we are doing some baking - mince pies, ginger biscuits, other biscuits, maybe a few cakes, etc.

(We call them biscuits - you call them cookies! To us, it's only a cookie if it has chocolate chips in it ;))

whychristmas 12-23-2008 10:57 AM

Mum did the final shop yesterday and she said even tesco was really busy...

I introduced my parents to the wonders of the 'elf' film today and they loved it!

And today I've helped ice the Christmas cake and a yule log (which looks really realistic!).

How's the cooking going Kelly? I love baking ;)

trackrebel 12-23-2008 11:09 AM

Kelly...sounds like You have/had a busy day....

We cleaned the house top to bottom yesterday...while having my four year old niece staying over night....which was very exhausting...hahaha....a two year old and four year old...both stubburn...anyway

today I continued arranging the house a bit...especially the kitchen...cleaning the oven...it was overdue....scold my niece and daughter...:D, go get some potatoes and onions at my fiance´s work place (that´s the only positive thing about this place...we get them for free) and now I was cooking them...for a potatoe salad we are eating tomorrow...We are planning on watching a made-for-TV Christmas movie with Ben Affleck and Christina Applegate...Presents are wrapped since last night....So Christmas can come

MsChristmas 12-23-2008 11:46 AM

Im working today but I will be off in less then 3 hours. Tonight I have some cookie baking to do and some last minute wrapping. Tomorrow I have to work but I get off at 1. We have a Christmas party at my work in the late morning/early afternoon then I will rush home to make food for my in laws..we will be spending Christmas Eve over there! I cant believe its here cheesy

VeryWelshXmasLover 12-23-2008 05:03 PM

I'm crazily busy lol. Tomorrow (Christmas Eve) I will be working 8am-2pm. Then as soon as I get in, I will be baking cookies, finishing the wrapping and giving the house a good clean and tidy ready for Christmas Morning :). I will also be watching Christmas movies and we have decided to have a take away, yummmm