Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   I got to go home for New Year's Day! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14089)

Faith4always 01-05-2009 08:03 AM

I got to go home for New Year's Day!

I just returned last night from a 5 day trip to Hot Springs, AR where my dad lives!
I've had the best time ever!
It looked like we weren't going to get to go but then God made a way where there simply was no way!!
We got to stay 5 days/4 nights! I got to see all my family except for one uncle who is dying of cancer. :(
But overall, we had the absolute best time ever!
I love my dad and family soooooo much!!
Nathan was very spoiled with gifts too!! hehehehe:rudolph:

Annette1990 01-05-2009 08:55 AM

That;s great you got to see your family. How far does your dad live from you? And how long has it been since you got to see him last? I count my blessings that I live close to my family. It's gotta be tough I'm sure not being able to see them as often as you like. Glad to hear you had a nice time. =)

Faith4always 01-05-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette1990 (Post 146501)
That;s great you got to see your family. How far does your dad live from you? And how long has it been since you got to see him last? I count my blessings that I live close to my family. It's gotta be tough I'm sure not being able to see them as often as you like. Glad to hear you had a nice time. =)

It takes us about 6-7 hours to drive from south Louisiana to Hot Springs, AR. I haven't seen my dad since February last year.

We had a wonderful, wonderful time!!

SparkleNana 01-05-2009 09:33 AM

Faithmomof6 -- thank you for sharing your joy with us! What wonderful news!

trackrebel 01-05-2009 10:27 AM

I´m glad You were able to spend New Year´s Day with Your pops....seems like You had some great holidays!!! That´s very, very nice!

Holiday 01-05-2009 10:51 AM

I'm so glad you got to go & that you had a wonderful time! Awesome!!! :-D

VeryWelshXmasLover 01-05-2009 01:16 PM

It sounds like you had a brilliant time and really enjoyed yourself :) Glad that it was lovely x

Faith4always 01-05-2009 04:01 PM

Thank you so much for your warm replies!
I just find my mind wandering and wondering to next Christmas!
I want a good plan on gift buying through the year and WHERE to HIDE them from prying, curious, little eyes!! cheesy

But my dad is 78 years old and has some form, I think a mild form, of dementia. Alzhiemers has not been ruled out either. He forgets my little sister's name. He calls her "the girl with the long brown hair". That hurts.

I call my dad every, single day. I don't want him to forget me.

So, can you see why visiting him this holiday season was so important to me?

I'm praying and believing God for the best for his mind. He's always been a very smart man. And to see him like this...wow.

Anyway, he knows me and my kids. He and NayNay became best buddies! NayNay calls him "Papaw"! Papaw couldn't go anywhere without NayNay!! NayNay LOVES his Papaw!!

Anyway, I'm already excited about next Christmas! It's only going to get better with Nathan. He loved Christmas this year.

I had to take our tree/decorations down today while I had the chance. Nathan screamed at me!! He wasn't ready for it to be taken down at all!! It really made me feel good that he enjoyed his Christmas tree and the Holiday season!!:tree:

Head Elf 01-05-2009 06:59 PM

Oh Linda, I'm so glad you got to go home and that Nathan had fun with his PawPaw. Christmas is a magical time and I'm so glad that you were blessed this year.

CharlestonNole 01-05-2009 07:09 PM

Outstanding. I am glad y'all had a great time.

I am sorry to hear about your uncle. All the best and prayers for him and all of your family.