Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Retro (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Are you nostalgic? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14351)

Paul_C_NB 02-06-2009 03:03 PM

Are you nostalgic?

Do you enjoy researching & remembering things from your generation? Toys from when you were a kid, how much electronic items have changed, things you miss, etc etc?

Is there one area that is your favorite when it comes to nostalgia ?

I kind of like remembering some of the old toys I used to enjoy as a kid. Another thing I kind of regret is throwing away old catalogs, I sometimes wish I had some of them to remember how things were like when I was younger.

Santa's Helper 02-06-2009 05:58 PM

I look up vintage toys or vintage tupperware on ebay all the time! I love to see what is on there and if it's something that I remember having as a kid. My dad used to sell tupperware so we had just about everything under the sun that was tupperware! All of it was green, yellow and orange, so 70's!

Paul_C_NB 02-06-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa's Helper (Post 152406)
I look up vintage toys or vintage tupperware on ebay all the time! I love to see what is on there and if it's something that I remember having as a kid. My dad used to sell tupperware so we had just about everything under the sun that was tupperware! All of it was green, yellow and orange, so 70's!

ahhh yes we still have some of that vintage tupperware kicking around, it never dies! :lol:

CharlestonNole 02-06-2009 08:31 PM

Oh yes indeed. I love to look back at the glory days of the 80s. I find the sights and sounds still pleasing. It was a great time.

Meceka 02-06-2009 08:58 PM

Yes I am. I collect vintage glassware - takes a lot of research to know what to buy. Plus, I was history major in college :D

rodmonster 02-06-2009 09:00 PM

??

am I?

We are in the RETRO section here and lovin it!

and my toy room with items from the 50s to the 80s....
=)

http://www.webguys.org/rodney/images...room%20pic.gif

singingringingtree 02-07-2009 02:18 AM

We found a shop before Christmas called Harpers Bazzar which sold lots of toys and games from my childhood - all in same packing.

They had Fuzzy Felt sets, the face with the iron filings and a magnetic pen so you can create hair styles and facial hair, my first ever school reading books (Janet and John), stylophone (the Rolf Harris one) and loads more.

It was very nostalgic. I was tempted to buy a stylophone - I remember practising 'Moon River' on it all over Christmas one year. Unfortunately shop now gone (victim of credit crunch) but they do mail order so I migh just treat myself.

:))

Wenceslaus 02-07-2009 02:42 AM

Nostalgic to the core. Movies from the 1920s. Sports cars from the 1960s. Eighteenth and Nineteenth century literature. Clothing from the 1940s. I long ago stopped collecting things, though, because possessions eventually own the collector instead of the other way around, if you know what I mean. For the most part, after I finish watching a DVD (most of which I rent), or reading a book (many of which I borrow from the library), I want to move on to something I haven't read or seen yet. If I want to revisit some work, I know where to find a copy.

trackrebel 02-07-2009 02:55 AM

I love watching documentaries about the 40-90s even....I love to see old toys...old magazines...and I´m into records.....the only thing I buy tho is old records...and I´m just starting to do so....but I am nostalgic...as probably most people are somehow....most everyone loves to see things from their childhood

ScottCalvin 02-07-2009 04:01 AM

I collect Christmas editions of Radio or TV Times (TV Guide) I have at least 1 a year going back to 1982 its interesting to look back and see what was shown on TV whilst I was growing up.

I have even recently purchased a A Christmas story edition of TV guide from 2001.