Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   what and when was the last xmas film you watched? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14540)

kelly ann 03-25-2009 08:59 AM

what and when was the last xmas film you watched?

I havent seen one in ages, probably because ive just had sky put on. My daughter likes watching The Grinch but to be honest its not one of my favourites. Jim Carrey is really annoying!!

trackrebel 03-25-2009 10:43 AM

Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer (stopmotion movie) yesterday with my daughter

YellowSnow 03-25-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackrebel (Post 156786)
Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer (stopmotion movie) yesterday with my daughter

WOW!
I probably haven't watched one, beginning to end, since aound New Years. I'll stop and watch a few minutes of the shows I see when flipping through the TV channels. There seems to be a lot Christmas shows being shown by my cable provider (several a week), but I can't seem to fit in watching a whole program.

YS

MsChristmas 03-25-2009 11:33 AM

I watched Mickey's Christmas Carol and Frosty about 2 or 3 weeks ago with my 2 year old son. He loves both of them so much. Im finally starting to get him excited about Easter because he is still singing Christmas songs lol..not that I mind but in public some people look at us like we are crazy..and my husband thinks we are too cheesy I hope I can turn my next son into a Christmas lover as well!

VeryWelshXmasLover 03-25-2009 12:02 PM

I watched Christmas with the Kranks about 4 evenings ago lol. Loved it! Great film :D

HolidayHoney 03-25-2009 01:42 PM

I was channel surfing a couple of nights ago and came upon a Christmas episode of Family Matters, the one where an angel lets Laura see what it would be like to live Eurkels' life...very sweet.

Wenceslaus 03-25-2009 02:32 PM

IT HAPPENED ON FIFTH AVENUE (1947). This comedy was unavailable for almost twenty years until it was released on DVD last year, but it has a devoted following. Not without reason — it's a charmer.

The story, which moves from autumn through Christmas to New Year's Eve, is about a hobo (Victor Moore) who lives in deserted mansions on New York's 5th Avenue when their owners are down South at their winter residences. This season he befriends a young vet (Don DeFore) who's been displaced from his apartment. They are soon joined by the mansion owner's daughter (Gale Storm), who finds them in her house, but doesn't let on who she is. Next come two other vets and their wives, followed by the owner himself (Charles Ruggles), the 2nd-richest man in America, whom the daughter convinces to pretend to be another bum when he moves in. She also schemes to reconcile her divorced parents by bringing in her mother (Ann Harding) as the cook.

If you like Frank Capra movies like YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, or POCKETFUL OF MIRACLES, you'll enjoy this one too. In fact, it was originally a Frank Capra project until he sold the Oscar-nominated story to producer-director Roy Del Ruth. The themes in IT HAPPENED ON FIFTH AVENUE are very much in the Christmas spirit: the characters create a home and an ad hoc family, and through a generosity of spirit help each other solve their problems.

It also introduced the song "That's What Christmas Means to Me", which was later a minor hit for Eddie Fisher.

kgstyles 03-25-2009 07:26 PM

I'm watching Home Alone on ABC Family right now!

rodmonster 03-25-2009 08:06 PM

kelly

Kelly Kelly Kelly....
You have missed our thread....
http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...rathon&page=11

Some of us nut jobs watch almost EVERY DAY!
and we list em at the other thread....

Sad i know - but we are junkies!

For me...Today was Pink Panther Christmas and Home Alone 2 and i am about to start up Holiday Inn..
=)

U NEED TO WATCH ONE EVERY DAY!!!
=)

rodmonster 03-25-2009 08:06 PM

Hiloday Inn

Pink Panther Christmas
Home Alone 2
Hiloday Inn