You remember the 1980's if.....
I want to try a new game. I have to credit Rodmonster for this idea. He posted something about the 1970's and I want to try a different twist on it. I hope its popular with all of you.
I call it You grew up or remember the 1980's if. You can name anything that was associated with the decade of the 80's.
You mention something and the next person will as well. I will start it off.
You grew up or remember the 1980's if.....you stood in line for hours just to get your hands on a Cabbage Patch Kid.
...if you had one of these cell phones...
...if you watched The Greatest American Hero AND could sing the theme song.
I was born in 1980!
I remember watching The Kids From Fame, A-Team, Going to see Rocky in the cinema.....
Toy wise, I had Jem dolls. I never liked Cabbage Patch Kids!!
if you stayed up to watch Friday Night Videos, which started in 1983.
I remember watching Headbanger's Ball on MTV!
if any of the following...
You remember when MTV debuted and its first video was Radio Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles
http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...n/post_new.gif rodmonster http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...s/viewpost.gif
YOU KNOW YOU GREW UP IN THE 1980'S IF...
- You ever ended your sentence with "psych"
- You wanted to be a Goonie
- You ever wore fluorescent, neon if you will, clothing
- You tight rolled your acid wash jeans and pushed up the sleves on your white sports coat (dont forget to pull up you collar on that izod polo shirt)
- You solved the Rubics cube.....by peeling off the stickers
- You watched the pound puppies
- You can sing the song to the Dukes of Hazzard
- You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish
- You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
- You owned those little Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls
- You know that 'Whoa' comes from Joey on "Blossom"
- You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales"
- If you played the chipmunks Christmas album all year long!
- Remember reading Kool-Aid man comics
- You ever watched Fraggle Rock
- You had plastic streamers on the handle bars of your bike
- You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons
- You wore a pony tail to the side of your head
- You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen
- You watche E.T. at the theater....and cried.....
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school
- You made your mom buy you one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side
- You had a Kirk Cameron poster on your bedroom wall
- You wore a Jordache jean jacket and you were proud of it
- Your mother wouldn't let you have garbage pail kids
- You wanted to change your name to Jem in Kindergarten
- You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off"
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off
- You took lunch to school in a metal lunch box
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf
- You remember the craze, and then banning of slap bracelets
- You still get the urge to use "NOT" at the end of every statement you make
- You remember Hypercolor T-shirts
- You remember Punky Brewster
- You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged "friendship bracelets"
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly Shoes
- After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you couldn't stop saying "I know you are but what am I?"
- You remember "I've fallen...and I can't get up!"
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates
- You ever got seriously injured on a slip and slide
- You know not to mix poprocks and soda (but did it anyway!)
- You had or went to a birthday party at McDonald's
- You learned oldies songs by watching Alvin and the Chipmunks
- You had a Glow Worm or watched the cartoon
- You remember dancing along with the Bangles in "Walk Like An Egyptian"
- You saw the California Raisins Christmas claymation special
- You remember Popples
- DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You wore socks over tights with high-top Reeboks
- You wore like 8 pairs of socks at once, scrunched down
- You remember boom boxes instead of CD players
- You remember the Transformers
- You know what it meant to say "care bear stare!!" and you had a favorite
- You remember Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales
- You remember watching TV thinking Doogie Howser was hot!
- You remember Alf, the little furry brown alien from Melmac
- You remember the large amounts of hairspray used
- You remember those very stylish headbands
- You remember Vicky the Robot
- You remember Eve Garland from Out of this World and how she could stop time by pressing the tips of her index fingers together and talking to her dad
through a glowing cube in her bedroom
- You remember the beginning of New Kids on the Block
- You remember watching The Cosby show
- You remember Mr.Belvadere
- You remember Michael J. Fox in Family Ties and Back to the Future
- You know all the names! of the gang from "Saved by the Bell"
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi's "shot through the heart" song
Well Rod, you have pretty much covered the decade of the 1980's. Thank you all for playing LOL!!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin ~ Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1991-2013 My Merry Christmas.com