Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Layaways? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15086)

Mumof2 06-30-2009 02:06 PM

Layaways?

I know Wal-Mart,Toys R Us has done away with theirs,and K-mart and Sears still use theirs.I was thinking Would they bring it back this year? Knowing the economy isn't so great,and It would help out ALOT of people.
Are there any other big name stores that do it and do not advertise?
Has Anyone heard anything? I'm really curious.

snowberry 06-30-2009 02:29 PM

It would be nice. I remember the year Walmart stopped theirs. A lot of people didn't know andwhen they had the big early sale after Thanksgiving, there were carts full of stuff left sitting when people found out. A shame. I know when my kids were little, we depended on layaways at Christmas.

snowberry (who thanks Jesus that according to His Word, my God shall (and does) supply all my needs according to His riches in glory, through Christ Jesus)

Mumof2 06-30-2009 03:59 PM

It would be great for us.My son wants a Wii and my daughter wants a video camera from icarly and other high price items,this would help us in that area.

rodmonster 06-30-2009 04:30 PM

We

We used them all the time in the 70s and 80s.
Heck thats how i was able to afford my wifes wedding rings in the 90s!

Christmasstar 07-01-2009 06:15 AM

I have used layaway lots when my kids where small. Walmart still had it here last year, I will have to check and see if they are still doing it.
I don't think that is something I would use anymore, but it would be nice to have the option.

Minta 07-01-2009 07:08 AM

I used layaway at Walmart all year long. It was great and it sucked when they stopped the layaway program. I doubt walmart will bring it back. They just remodel the Walmart store in my area and totall removed the old layaway area.

made582 07-01-2009 08:14 AM

I miss layaways. I used them all the time to buy bigger items. I wish walmart would bring theres back but I don't think they want to deal with it anymore and don't want to hire the extra staff that it takes to run it.

Mumof2 07-22-2009 02:34 AM

I used them for bigger items also.I was thinking since the economy is in the greatest shape,maybe,just maybe they (the bigger retail stores)would consider bringing it back for this season.maybe bring it back only for christmas?

Santa's Helper 07-22-2009 12:39 PM

I use K-Mart's layaway all the time and I used Sears last year (although I had problems with their layaway), I was really angry when Wal-Mart stopped theirs but, I doubt that it comes back. The only other place that I can think of that might still have their layaway program going is Value City Department Store. I haven't been in there for a long time but, the last time I was there around Christmas time there was a long layaway line. I wish every store would do a layaway plan. I think it's great and it's a big help to families not just at Christmas time but for back to school clothes or other household items that are needed. I put a Armoire on layaway at K-Mart one time.

Mumof2 07-22-2009 06:05 PM

I also used Kmart and Sears,we also had a few problems with their (Sears) layaway.
I will be using layaway for kids back to school,alteast a few items..