Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MMC Christmas In July Contest #3 - The Christmas Pearl (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15204)

CharlestonNole 07-12-2009 04:14 PM

MMC Christmas In July Contest #3 - The Christmas Pearl

MMC Christmas in July Contest #3

Christmas in July Greetings Everyone!

Entry deadline: 1159est July 18th

The prize: The Christmas Pearl by Dorothea Benton Frank (Hardcover Book)

From Publishers Weekly
With her truculent family gathered at her stately Charleston mansion for Christmas, 93-year-old matriarch Theodora is having a hard time tolerating the lot of them. Theodora hankers for her 1920s childhood, when Pearl, the family's stern black maid, enforced strict houshold discipline and took no guff while working hard at Christmas, all the while singing gospel favorites such as Come en Go wid Me. When Theodora's usual maid is called away, Pearl herself (as a ghost) blows in, ready to set the house in order, She unearths the antique crèche and other Christmas heirlooms long buried, and altering the family's general bad temper. Frank (The Land of Mango Sunsets) includes homegrown recipes that further sweeten this Lowcountry holiday confection. (Nov.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

The question: What makes Christmas special to you?

(Simply post your response in this thread to be entered.)

(All those who post/reply (with the above response) will have their name entered into a drawing to be held shortly after the deadline.)

Christmas-A-Holic 07-12-2009 05:00 PM

I could write a book on what makes Christmas special to me but I will make it short! cheesy

I love being with family and Christmas is one of the few days out of the whole year that we can all see each other. I love the shows, movies, music, Christmas lights, Santa Claus, shopping, decorations, etc. Christmas brings out the kid in me and lots of joy! It's so hard to describe the feeling inside when Christmas comes around. It just puts me in my "Happy Place"!!! :yahoo:

Snow-in-Texas 07-12-2009 05:05 PM

What makes Christmas special, is my sweety. For those that don't know yet, that's Christmas-A-Holic. Her joy at that time of year rubs off on me, and that's a joy I haven't had in a long time.

CharlestonNole 07-12-2009 05:08 PM

Just an fyi.....International MMC members feel free to join in. The contest is open to y'all too (and if you win, you don't have to pay shipping!!!)cheesycheesycheesy

sugarplum fairy 07-12-2009 05:20 PM

Everything about Christmas is special. I love the lights and decorations. I love the get-togethers with family and friends. I love celebrating the birth of Jesus. I just love the whole feel of Christmas. Everyone seems to be a little bit cheerier. It is just the best time of year.

CandyCanesnews 07-12-2009 07:39 PM

Celebrating the birth of our lord and savior Jesus Christ is the first thing that makes Christmas special. Other things that make Christmas special for me is watching holiday movies with my family and decorating the house and picking out our tree. All the hustle and bustle creates that warm fuzzy feeling and I absolutely love it!!!!

Chillywilly 07-12-2009 08:01 PM

What makes Christmas special to me is the feeling that I get just thinking about the Most special Time of the year. Spending time with my family and friends. The food, music and decorating along with the Christmas displays and sing-a-longs. The smells of Christmas and everything else that go's along with it. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tree:

Faith4always 07-12-2009 09:37 PM

What Makes Christmas Special to Me

What makes Christmas special to me is how people, whether family or friends, so willingly make sacrifices for each other. Whether the relationship is strained or not, Christmas brings out the good in people.
It seems hearts are more open to love. That's what makes Christmas special to me.

Wenceslaus 07-12-2009 10:57 PM

Two thousand years ago a baby was born in a stable in a small town in Judea. He lived a short life on this earth, never owned anything, harmed no one, and relied on his words and deeds alone. But that child changed the course of history.

made582 07-13-2009 02:08 PM

What makes christmas special to me is the happiness it brings to everyone. I love the fact that it brings my family, extended family, and friends together. I love the excitement in my nieces eyes when she is looking at a pile gifts that she is not allowed to open yet. I love the happiness that a gift can bring to some one. I love the food. I love the fact that it inspires people to give even if they don't the rest of the year. I love the decorations. I basically just love everything about it and the way it makes me feel.