Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MMC Christmas in July Contest/Giveaway #4 - A Christmas Without Snow DVD (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15244)

CharlestonNole 07-18-2009 12:40 PM

MMC Christmas in July Contest/Giveaway #4 - A Christmas Without Snow DVD

MMC Christmas in July Contest/Giveway #4 - A Christmas Without Snow DVD

Christmas in July Greetings Everyone! This is our final contest/giveaway and it will end on Rudolph Day July 25th! I hope you've enjoyed reading everyone's responses as much as I have.

Entry deadline: 1159est July 24th

The prize: A Christmas Without Snow - DVD

A divorced woman moves to a new city with her child, trying to build her life again. She joins the choir of a local church but has some personality conflicts with the choirmaster, a curmudgeonly old gentleman who will accept nothing but perfection from his group. As Christmas approaches and the choir practices for a big show and the director pushes them all to their emotional limits, she contemplates quitting the group.

The question: Scrooge versus the Grinch...who was meaner and why do you think so?

(I'm glad they both found redemption at Christmascheesy)

(Simply post your response in this thread to be entered.)

(All those who post/reply (with the above response) will have their name entered into a drawing to be held shortly after the deadline.)

sdkluger 07-18-2009 02:22 PM

Scrooge - He had the means and the ability to do good with what he had but chose not to do so until he was so calloused to those in need that he developed a hatred for those in need around him.

Christmasstar 07-18-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlestonNole (Post 171908)
The question: Scrooge versus the Grinch...who was meaner and why do you think so?

I would say it was Scrooge. His main goal in life was to get all the money he could and in his drive to do this he cared nothing for those around him and showed no mercy to anyone. The Grinch was just a lonely old hermit who thought no one like him anyway and just stayed out of everyone's way.(most of the time)

Snow-in-Texas 07-18-2009 04:16 PM

I would have to say Scrooge also. He basically stands there and admits he underpays Bob, and just about laughs at him. He doesn't care that he has a family to support and a sick child to take care of, well at least not until later.

Minta 07-18-2009 09:25 PM

I have to say the Grinch. While Scrooge had the means to help others he did not try to steal from them. I think stealing is meaner. Not only did the Grinch break into their homes and stole everything while they were sleeping, he thought he could steal their Christmas Spirit. The Grinches actions were deliberate while Scrooges actions were done out of ignornace to how things really were.

Christmas-A-Holic 07-19-2009 06:14 AM

They are both mean! I guess I would say the Grinch since, as mentioned here, he is a thief.

Maureen 07-19-2009 06:52 AM

Scrooge, as people like him actually existed/exist, give or take the odd ghost or two!

I know we are dealing with fictional characters here but Dickens wrote about the times he lived in. There were poorhouses and there wasn't the medical care available so anybody in Tiny Tim's position would, inevitably, not have a future.

The Who's down in Whoville just had to worry about a bad tempered green mutant knicking their Who Beast

Seawaters 07-19-2009 07:09 AM

I am going to say the Grinch. Scrooge was known to be a an old crochety skinflint. Everybody knew what he was like; you knew exactly where you stood with him; he stayed the same old mean miser up until his change of heart. The Grinch, however, blatantly stole from children and lied to Cindy Lou Who about what he was doing (fixing the light that had burned out).

irishsnow 07-19-2009 07:51 AM

It has to be Scrooge for me.

So mean and horrible to everyone around him that were so poor

trackrebel 07-20-2009 03:17 AM

The Grinch...because he hated Christmas because of itself...Scrooge mainly because every was in a good mood and wanted him to give and give and give.

The Grinch just really hated Christmas....HATED....but in the end....they are the same....just with different colors...:D