Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The Season is Getting Closer (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15317)

reindeerelf 07-27-2009 11:40 AM

The Season is Getting Closer

I stopped in our local garden center this AM and couldn't believe what I saw. Many of the garden supplies have been removed leaving a lot of blank space and set up on the floor were four lit up Christmas trees from three to seven feet tall. Additional trees were in their boxes on the floor waiting to be set up. There were no signs about a Christmas in July sale or anything like that. This place usually starts putting Christmas stuff out around a little before Halloween so I guess the Season is starting early. It was a very pleasant surprise on a warm, sunny and humid day. I guess I'll be dropping in quite frequently from now on just to see what's new.

Undrtakr 07-27-2009 11:46 AM

Sweet! Yeah I saw at one of the specialty stores they had two Christmas trees (lights up on them but not plugged in). I pointed it out to my Wife. She looked at me like I was crazy (I am hah).

Minta 07-27-2009 12:01 PM

What a nice suprise......I can't wait to see all the fall and christmas stuff popping up in the stores.......

brent 07-27-2009 12:11 PM

Wow! This is extremely early. Be sure to take a photograph or two to share the scenery with everyone.

Moondust 07-27-2009 12:15 PM

I can't wait until Tesco has its "seasonal aisle" crammed with fruit cakes and Christmas crackers and stollen and gift sets and tinsel...

...I am actually bouncing up and down in my seat at a ridiculous pace right now. I'm that excited.

reindeerelf 07-27-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent (Post 173287)
Wow! This is extremely early. Be sure to take a photograph or two to share the scenery with everyone.

Unfortunately I'm not that high on the technology curve at present but I'll talk to my partner and see what we can do. It should only get better week after week. I'll try to keep you all posted.

Christmas-A-Holic 07-27-2009 12:53 PM

Hobby Lobby started putting Christmas stuff out towards the end of June. I been going there a lot lately. I love it!
:rudolph:

MsChristmas 07-27-2009 02:20 PM

That is a wonderful sign! I love knowing and seeing that the fall and Christmas season is not too far away. Michaels (craft store) has some of their fall stuff out. Im not a huge fan of summer.. I like going to the beach and pool but I get tired of the heat after a few weeks. Im looking forward to some nice fresh fall weather cheesy

made582 07-27-2009 02:45 PM

I stopped in are local dollar tree last week and noticed that they were starting to put christmas stuff out. It won't be long and everywhere will have it out.

Snowfall 07-27-2009 02:51 PM

Yay for early Christmas shopping! I haven't been to my home town for a while because of school. I wonder if our dollar tree has any Christmas stuff. My mom works at a craft store and said they have some things out. I'm going to have to visit that store sometime soon.

I'm so ready for the colder season to start! :cry: