Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Are there any Christmas decorations that you keep out all year? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15373)

Christmas-A-Holic 08-05-2009 05:15 PM

Are there any Christmas decorations that you keep out all year?

Every year I keep something out on my desk all year long. It changes each year. Last year I kept out a nativity scene all year. This year I kept out a Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas snow globe, Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas choir ornament and 2 Santa figurines. I just cannot bring myself to put everything away. cheesy

Laney 08-06-2009 07:00 AM

I always keep this one particular decoration out. It is a rocking hourse, music box with Santa on it. It is beautiful - a white horse with all red and green trim on the saddle and ribbons. My grandma gave it to me from her music box collection 2 years before she passed b/c she knew how much I loved Christmas and I used to collect rocking horses. It is always my favorite. Right now it is on the top of my dresser, so I see it every day.

Snow-in-Texas 08-06-2009 07:15 AM

[quote=Christmas-A-Holic;174863]Every year I keep something out on my desk all year long. It changes each year. Last year I kept out a nativity scene all year. This year I kept out a Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas snow globe, Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas choir ornament and 2 Santa figurines. I just cannot bring myself to put everything away. cheesy[/

I am waiting for the year we keep the tree up all year. :tree:

made582 08-06-2009 10:20 AM

I keep a handcarved wooden santa figuine out all year on my bookcase. I love the feeling it gives me to look over and see him and all the memories it brings back.

almcg 08-07-2009 09:05 AM

I collect Angels so they are out all year,even the Christmassy looking ones. I also have an ornamental King Charles(favourite breed of dog,I have four)tree that stays out all year. I think I can just about get away with that!cheesy

BrittanyMarie 08-07-2009 12:01 PM

I don't keep anything out. I wish I could keep it all out though!

Christmas-A-Holic 08-07-2009 06:51 PM

[quote=Snow-in-Texas;174943]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 174863)
Every year I keep something out on my desk all year long. It changes each year. Last year I kept out a nativity scene all year. This year I kept out a Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas snow globe, Hallmark Charlie Brown Christmas choir ornament and 2 Santa figurines. I just cannot bring myself to put everything away. cheesy[/

I am waiting for the year we keep the tree up all year. :tree:

Yay! You just gave me an idea! We will leave it up all next year! cheesy

Holiday 08-11-2009 10:10 AM

I have a funky ostrich pen with a santa hat that stays on my desk all year. :grin:

Christmaschick 08-11-2009 01:37 PM

I live with a bit of a Scrooge so it's hard to get away with keeping anything around all year. Hmm, I wonder what I could get away with. Something small.

MsChristmas 08-11-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmaschick (Post 175851)
I live with a bit of a Scrooge so it's hard to get away with keeping anything around all year. Hmm, I wonder what I could get away with. Something small.

LOL I live with a bit of a Scrooge too! Thats a good idea... trying to get away with keeping something small out..hmmm now I just have to think what I could keep out without him noticing cheesy