Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What is your favorite Christmas Carol (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15377)

Christmasstar 08-05-2009 08:01 PM

What is your favorite Christmas Carol

and why? What does it mean to you and is there a story that goes along with it?

Snowman1971 08-05-2009 08:33 PM

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!!! I love the happier lyrics version, not the original sadder version. Too me it sums up what the season is about fro me. Putting up a tree, enjoying the good times with friends and family, good food and simple fun.....just a simple "merry little Cristmas." We never spend much money except on decorations and food...dont go all out on the gifts...so to me this song just fits. Also i was a teenager when the Pretenders version came out on the Very Special Christmas album and it is one of my favorite versions.

trackrebel 08-06-2009 02:08 AM

I love Silent Night....because it´s so beautifull, because it´s about the reason of the season and so festive.

The other one is The Christmas Song......it sums up how I feel during the season....that warm feeling I have all the time, the smells that are everywhere, the lights...everything

ryansrs1 08-06-2009 05:19 AM

If were talking carols not songs then i have 3 main- Hark the herald, the first noel and God bless ye merry gentlemen.

Not a specific reason but they remind me of when i was a child and that brings back very, very happy memories of christmas. Also as there traditional carols they give a real feel to christmas-i like tradition cheesy.

I can quite happily sit in my house with the TV off and just some carols on at christmas time. Especialy with the dark nights and windy,wet weather-realy gets me in the festive spirit.

J

Christmas-A-Holic 08-06-2009 06:41 AM

I love them all actually!!! Some of my favorites are Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Ding Dong Merrily on High, Carol of the Bells, Joy to the World, Mary's Boy Child, Joy to the World and more! Hark the Herald Angels Sing is one of my favorite scenes in A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is the picture of my signature. Charlie Brown is finally happy and knows what Christmas is all about and they sing this song around the tree! All the songs give me a nice peaceful feeling of the holiday.

Snow-in-Texas 08-06-2009 07:01 AM

Mine is O' Holy Night, I just love the way it sounds when it is sung right. It is one of the most beautiful songs of any kind as far as I am concerned.

Laney 08-06-2009 07:17 AM

I would have to say Silent Night and Angels We Have Heard on High. Those just both bring up such wonderful memories and really get to the heart of Christmas for me...

Bradmac 08-06-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas (Post 174934)
Mine is O' Holy Night, I just love the way it sounds when it is sung right. It is one of the most beautiful songs of any kind as far as I am concerned.

Have you heard Josh Grobin sing that? That guy has an AMAZING voice.

whitney37354 08-06-2009 07:58 AM

Silver Bells--Every Christmas Eve when I was growing up we went to my maternal grandparents house next door around 5 p.m. for dinner and gift exchange. Then we drove to my paternal grandparents house for gift exchange after that. One Christmas Eve as I was getting ready to go next door, I was in my bedroom listening to Christmas songs on the radio. The station was paying long distance phone charges and letting family members call a loved one who lived away from them and they wouldn't get to see them on Christmas. I remember a sister and brother who were able to talk to each other over the radio. I remember Silver Bells being played between one of the phone calls. It's been my favorite ever since.

Joy to the World--My mother directed the Christmas plays at church when I was little. I was always the lead angel because I was the oldest girl and had to memorize all the lines. Usually the play ended with us singing Joy to the World. The song just brings back those great memories for me.

George Broderick, Jr. 08-06-2009 08:23 AM

For a traditional carol, I'm partial to Ella Fitsgerald's version of "It Came Upon The Midnight Clear"... it reminds me of how cool it is to have God and Jesus in my life...

For more contemporary tunes, I like Lorrie Morgan's "Up ON Santa Claus Mountain"... that one was one of the original inspirations for my Christmas Eve character...

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:....com/eve03.jpg