Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Anyone moving during the holiday season? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15931)

judesmama 09-18-2009 10:45 AM

Anyone moving during the holiday season?

I am kind of sad because we are putting our house on the market soon and I will more likely than not have to skip decorating for the most part, if all goes well. I wasn't able to pull out my fall decorations because the key to sell quickly is to cut down on "clutter" so I don't want my house to be filled with extras, ya know?

I found a beautiful home that I have fallen in love with (hopefully my husband feels the same when he sees it this evening) so I hope and pray we can maybe be in there by December and get to decorate and now miss this year's decorations and traditions, being in limbo.

I guess in the long run, it's well worth it... a beautiful, big new home in a beautiful neighborhood, out of the city, closer to family.... a great canvas for Christmas decorations and family traditions for years to come! It just makes me sad because my son is almost 2 and would really enjoy it this year! Oh well.

Anyone in a similar situation or experience this in the past?

Minta 09-18-2009 11:05 AM

I would still decorate. The decoration may draw more people to your house. We had ours up for sale last year throught he holidays and we had some people request a showing of our house because they liked how the outside of the house looked all decorated for the holidays. We decorated for the fall/halloween (nothing scary) and for Christmas. You can still decorate without it looking cluttered.

We didn't sell the house and actually we are glad we didn't, we like our house and neighborhood. We almost had it sold though, instead we are staying put and have an addition put on.

Good Luck!

judesmama 09-18-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minta (Post 183732)
I would still decorate. The decoration may draw more people to your house. We had ours up for sale last year throught he holidays and we had some people request a showing of our house because they liked how the outside of the house looked all decorated for the holidays. We decorated for the fall/halloween (nothing scary) and for Christmas. You can still decorate without it looking cluttered.

We didn't sell the house and actually we are glad we didn't, we like our house and neighborhood. We almost had it sold though, instead we are staying put and have an addition put on.

Good Luck!

Unfortunately, the neighborhood we live in is very young and hip and most people don't decorate for the holidays, so it would probably deter them. :-?

Christmasstar 09-24-2009 03:27 PM

I'm moving right now. I hope to be done by the 3rd when all the strong men come to move the heavy stuff. Right now we are just taking over boxes and assorted stuff. I want to get in there and give it all a good scrub.....that reminds me, I should call my mom!
After every thing is out of here, I then have to give this place a good scrub too. (have to leave the neighbours thinking I am neat as a pin!)cheesy

So, I have not put up any fall decorations yet, but as soon as I am settled, up it goes!!!