Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home & Family (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   So very excited!! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16674)

pselner 10-12-2009 11:11 AM

So very excited!!

I am so very excited to welcome in the holiday season this year!! (Of course we keep it all year long!!) But as soon as those leaves start changing we get that Christmasy feeling! They are calling for some snow in the air next weekend, my kids are as excited as I am. It's so much fun to share such wonderful events and happenings with your loved ones. It was a tough year last year and this year we have moved into a home of our own that is absolutely perfect for decorating for Christmas. In fact we moved in here in June and the first thing my 17 year old son said was, "Mom, this place will be so awesome to decorate for Christmas!!" They are already thinking!! Already making plans to attend all the holiday events. My husband is playing in the local holiday orchestra program so we are hearing saxaphone Christmas music constantly. It is a constant state of Christmas joy!! We start our Christmas baking today--if I can keep them out of the cookies that long:-) Is everyone else getting ready or have you already started?

Minta 10-12-2009 11:23 AM

We are facing similar excitments in our household as well. I have gotten a good chunk of christmas shopping done and I am very tempted to start wrapping. I like to hold off wrapping until Thanksgiving weekend.

We have been baking, watching christmas movies and listening to Christmas music duringthe past couple weekends.

BTW Welcome!

Snowfall 10-12-2009 11:29 AM

I'm sharing some of the same excitements as you, pselner. I just moved into a new house a couple of months ago and I've been planning my decorating since then!

It's so good to hear your kids are planning too!! cheesy

Mamax2 10-12-2009 11:46 AM

We are also really excited this year. We've moved into a new home - literally our dream home - our little girl is healthy (last year she was in hospital until oct 14, from the day she was born, aug 17) and even though she will always have her disabilities, now she is 14 months and her illness isn't constantly hanging over us :)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Christmas-A-Holic 10-12-2009 12:32 PM

I would love to hear the saxaphone playing in my house! I am very excited about Christmas! I cannot wait!!

Silverbells 10-12-2009 12:45 PM

Me too

O yes darlin I am in full swing I started my shopping last month and Im right on schedule w/ everything. We're doing some remodeling to my house so I hope everything is done at least by the 1st week n November if not definetly by the 2nd week.

ChristmasFanatic56 10-12-2009 01:46 PM

Totally...

Already looking at recipies and played with all the lights today... Can't wait! :tree:

MsChristmas 10-12-2009 01:51 PM

Hi there and welcome! cheesy I agree with you totally! Its so nice to get into the Fall and the beginning of the Holiday season!

pselner 10-12-2009 02:12 PM

It just seems like the holiday season is so short. I put out my fall decorations at the end of September which are good thru Thanksgiving (almost 2 1/1 months!!) But then the Christmas decorations go up and only get a month?? What is that?? Not fair. So we start much earlier and just ignore those who gripe about it. Once we get going our spirit is contagious anyhow! So we're moving all the decorations from my mom's (which is where we were last year) over to our place this week. If we start now--we'll have it all up by Thanksgiving when we host the holiday dinner this year! Ooooooooooo.......the children are so excited!! And of course so am I. So much cooking and baking and planning and making!! Love it!

mrspenguin 10-12-2009 07:36 PM

we moved this summer too... we moved to a 200 year old farm house and I am so excited to decorate it. I have a mantle and a huge dining room to decorate which, I've never had before. I am so excited!