Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What are some gifts that you are giving out this year... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16754)

mommytotwo 10-14-2009 03:17 PM

What are some gifts that you are giving out this year...

and to whom?

Give the rest of us ideas of gifts that we could give as well. Sometimes there are certain people that are very hard to buy for. Either they have everything, the gift that they would like may not fit into our budgets, or we are just at a loss of not knowing what to buy. So share your Christmas lists, and ideas here with us. :tree:

joyful 10-14-2009 06:00 PM

I'm giving most of my grandchildren Webkinz. Also they each have gotten a DVD. Both of these items are already bought. Thank goodness for online shopping and good deals. And they will each get an outfit or some piece of clothing. The grandaughters are getting cute angel necklaces I got from Avon for $5.95 each. I bought three.

I got my two daughters cookbooks and will get them another gift. My son and son-in-law's are getting a tool that has already been bought (my husband's contribution to Christmas shopping LOL). And they all will get another gift.

And I usually get my 3 kids something for their home, like Towels, Linens, Kitchen wares and etc.

Hubby is usually my problem but I think I have a good idea for him this year.

joyful 10-14-2009 06:02 PM

Oh and I forgot, I'm making my daughters a memory photo album with old family pictures that they can pass on to their children. All I have to do is make copies of the pictures and find a nice album which is not an expensive item. Also giving them a special family photo, made larger and I will frame it.

Christmas-A-Holic 10-14-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyful (Post 191043)
Oh and I forgot, I'm making my daughters a memory photo album with old family pictures that they can pass on to their children. All I have to do is make copies of the pictures and find a nice album which is not an expensive item. Also giving them a special family photo, made larger and I will frame it.

I was seriously thinking about doing this for my 23 year old daughter. She would really appreciate it. As far as shopping in general, I have no idea, lol. I usually can find nice gifts for everyone and will probably wait until December to start shopping.

LonelyEyesOnly 10-15-2009 05:33 AM

I have no idea what to give my Mum this year. She loves candles and reindeers so I might be trying to make her a reindeer candle...not sure yet.

All I know is that my Dad really wants to have the new book by Dan Brown, so I guess that's what he'll get:snowball:

MsChristmas 10-15-2009 07:41 AM

For my almost 3 year old son - Thomas the Tank Engine items (a tent, some trains and extra track), little tykes tools, some books and videos.

For my 2 month old son -a few rattles, teething items and toys that play music.

For my Hubby- colonge and a charging station (for his dresser where he can plug in his cell phone, ipod etc..)

For my Mom and Mother In Law- picture frames that say a little poem about Grandkids...a candle and a nightlight that is scented

For the other kids in my family- each of them get a shirt and a book or coloring/painting book.

For the 2 ladies I work with and my Grandma - a candle

I still have to shop for my Dad and Brother! I also want to get my Hubby and Mom something else .. my Mom watches both of my boys while I work and she does so much for me!

made582 10-15-2009 08:08 AM

What I have bought so far

My two oldest nieces- Snow White Dvd, Clothes, Craft Kits

My youngest Niece- Clothes, Dora Pillow Book

My Nephew- Two Thomas the train engines (molly and toby)

My Mom - A basket that hangs on the wall to put mail in

My Aunt- Two new kitchen towels with apples on them

whitney37354 10-15-2009 08:13 AM

Nieces & Nephew: clothes
MIL: over the sink strainer (I'm sure there's a better name for it, just not coming to me right now)
Sister: Huggable hangers---she's throwing out all of her old hangers and replacing with these
Dad, Mom, FIL: don't know yet
Stocking stuffers, Chapstick, Barbie clothes, etc
DH: Snuggie, don't know what else
DD: She hasn't made a list, but she has mentioned Handy Manny tools and a pet fish

novelist 10-15-2009 01:19 PM

:tree:So far, I've gotten a bathrobe for my sister, a bed in a bag set for my step son and his new wife, for my husband, cologne, pocket tee shirts, a belt, car mats, and a sander and a brush to go with it. I'm having a hard time deciding what to buy for my three married sister's but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

mommytotwo 10-17-2009 02:29 AM

Sounds like many loved ones out there will get nice Christmas presents. :tree: I am not sure yet on what I am getting my husband, parents, sister, and her fiancee since they are the harder ones to buy for.

But my daughter is asking for a Nintendo DS, so I think we will do that along with games. Then I will have to think of what we are getting for my son, and everyone else on my list which is about 80 people. :? I am glad that I had been shopping from months in advance.