Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lights & Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   LED Lights or Traditional Lights? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16877)

Christmas-A-Holic 10-18-2009 07:41 AM

LED Lights or Traditional Lights?

We were discussing this in another thread and I am curious what you prefer. Do you like the new LED lights or the traditional lights? If it's the traditional lights, do you prefer the miniature lights or the big bulbs? Multi-colored or white lights?

My opinion, I just cannot get use to the LED lights. They are not easy on the eyes to me. They are a great invention to save on electricity but I wish they could improve the colors.

I prefer the traditional lights and like all variety, miniature and big bulbs, multi-colored and white. My very favorite on my Christmas tree is multi-colored miniature lights.

I will still enjoy anyone who decorates their home in LED lights but I just prefer the traditional for my home. cheesy

Maureen 10-18-2009 08:16 AM

We were traditional until last Christmas. As usual, we got the lights down from the attic and, as usual, they didn't work and were all tangled (why IS that - you put them away very carefully, very neatly and working; they come out looking like an octopus has played cats cradle with them and not working) so, we gave up and headed out to buy more lights. These are for the tree, by the way

We got 2 sets of multi-coloured LED lights (I think there's 200 on each string) and 1 set of traditional holly berry lights. It looked fantastic!!!!!

Give them a shot - you may be surprised!!

Christmas-A-Holic 10-18-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 192144)
We were traditional until last Christmas. As usual, we got the lights down from the attic and, as usual, they didn't work and were all tangled (why IS that - you put them away very carefully, very neatly and working; they come out looking like an octopus has played cats cradle with them and not working) so, we gave up and headed out to buy more lights. These are for the tree, by the way

We got 2 sets of multi-coloured LED lights (I think there's 200 on each string) and 1 set of traditional holly berry lights. It looked fantastic!!!!!

Give them a shot - you may be surprised!!

I am sure I will eventually get use to them. I want to like them since they save you money in the long run. Maybe mixed with other lights like you are doing might look good!

christmasjingles 10-18-2009 09:07 AM

I have never had LED lights, but have only seen them on tree displays in stores. I don't think I would like them in my home because I am very sensitive to certain types of lights and they seem to be hard on the eyes. I haven't seen any yet this year and maybe they have improved since I last saw them. I would also like to like them, since they use less electricity. I usually have all clear mini lights on my trees, but I also like multi and sometimes use both.

Snow-in-Texas 10-18-2009 09:42 AM

I don't mind the LED, but since my sweety doesn't like them too much, I guess we won't have them in this house. That's fine, it really doesn't matter to me. I understand what she means about them being hard on her eyes. When I was a kid, we couldn't have blinking lights on our tree, because they bothered my mother's eyes. I am happy with things the way they are, as long as my sweety is happy.cheesy

Christmas-A-Holic 10-18-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas (Post 192177)
I don't mind the LED, but since my sweety doesn't like them too much, I guess we won't have them in this house. That's fine, it really doesn't matter to me. I understand what she means about them being hard on her eyes. When I was a kid, we couldn't have blinking lights on our tree, because they bothered my mother's eyes. I am happy with things the way they are, as long as my sweety is happy.cheesy

I want you to be happy too!!! cheesy

Maureen 10-18-2009 10:09 AM

It's both your Christmases so perhaps a compromise is in order!!!

made582 10-18-2009 12:03 PM

I like LED lights for outside but I still prefer the regular lights for my tree.

ReineV 10-18-2009 12:23 PM

Although I do like the warm glow of the traditional lights, we got LED lights last year and were able to leave them on for hours without worrying about them over heating. They stayed cool to the touch even if we left them on alllllll day. Our power bill was also much better too, so we're definitely sticking with LED from now on.

Santa's Helper 10-18-2009 03:05 PM

I can't stand the retina seering LED lights! I like the soft glow of the little white lights that I put on my tree. The LED's are too bright and I don't like the colors of them either. Just not for me at all.