Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What is It Like? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16882)

Seawaters 10-18-2009 03:40 PM

What is It Like?

For those of you who have a husband/wife, fiance/fiancee, boyfriend/girlfriend who loves Christmas as much or almost as much as you do: What is it like? Also, did you have any influence on him or her? Or did he/she have any influence on you?

:merry:

Laney 10-18-2009 05:22 PM

My husband humors me, but he doesn't care near as much as I do. I have to admit, I'm quite jealous of those of you that have a significant other that loves it too! Please do tell us about it!

Christmas-A-Holic 10-18-2009 06:37 PM

My husband is a member of these forums as well so he loves Christmas. I think, however, I am a little more over the top with it all than he is. He said he is more into Christmas since being with me. I love that I have someone to share my passion for Christmas with! cheesy

Christmasstar 10-18-2009 06:56 PM

This why I have not remarried yet, have not been able to find someone as passionate about Christmas!!cheesy

ReineV 10-18-2009 08:13 PM

My husband is slooowly converting. When we first moved in together, he wasn't into he holidays at all really, but now, we're about to spend our third Christmas together and he really loves Christmas. He wants to put our tree up before Thanksgiving, he finds himself singing Christmas songs and can't wait to put up our lights outside!

rodmonster 10-18-2009 09:03 PM

D

Ditto - but replace hub - with my wife....
Working on the kids though!
The oldest was super excited this year for My Annual Christmas in July week...
=)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laney (Post 192285)
My husband humors me, but he doesn't care near as much as I do. I have to admit, I'm quite jealous of those of you that have a significant other that loves it too! Please do tell us about it!

novelist 10-19-2009 01:49 PM

:gift:My husband and i have each brought our love for Christmas into our household. WE both love different things about christmas, but when it comes together, it works out! he LOVES playing christmas music, and starts the day after Thanksgiving. he's the one whose idea it is to put up the tree the week of Thanksgiving, an he's the one who loves to shop asround for new decorations everyear. I love christmas music too, and can't wait to start playing my CD's. I do most of the decorarting, and I'm the one who does the bakng, planning the christmas day menu, and organizing all the gifts. I also do all the wrappng except for my gifts of course!! I also write and send out the christmas cards. Oh boy, I'm getting so excited thinking about it all!

Sunshine73 10-19-2009 02:01 PM

When my DH and I started dating he wasn't nearly as excited about Chrsitmas as I was...but, he humored me. Now, nearly 11 years later, he loves Christmas quite a lot himself...maybe not as much as I do but he's definitely a fan of the whole season!

Snowfall 10-19-2009 03:01 PM

I've been with my fiance for 9 years now (high school sweetheart) and we're getting married very soon, so this will be our first Christmas living together. He knows I love everything about Christmas, but he's not a nut about it like me. His family was never that into it and there were a few years they didn't even have a tree ::GASP:!

So, I think living with me and being around a Christmassy person all the time will bring him around. And if not, he's a great guy and puts up with my craziness, so that's fine too.

I did get him to look at the new tree displays at Home Depot yesterday, so that's a start!! cheesy

Mamax2 10-19-2009 05:11 PM

My partner loves christmas as much as I do, which is fantastic. Last year was our first christmas with our daughter, and this year we are pushing the boat out a little more :)