Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lights & Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Your Tree (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17182)

kelly ann 10-27-2009 07:51 AM

Your Tree

Does your Christmas Tree have a 'theme', ie Disney ornaments etc? Or do you use certain coloured baubles? Or dont you use Baubles at all...maybe something else?
What makes your Christmas Tree unique to you?

snowytree 10-27-2009 08:14 AM

Our tree is eclectic but traditional ornaments too. I also use any of the kids' ornaments they have made in the past. I'm thinking of buying some cardinals to put on the tree this year.

snowangel_x3 10-27-2009 08:54 AM

Our tree is white so my mom tries to stick with red ornaments, the only other ornaments we use are the handmade ones by my siblings and myself

made582 10-27-2009 09:02 AM

Some years I do a theme and some years I just put all of my favorite ornaments on it. This year I am doing a rustic theme with a lot of wood, homemade, pinecone, and leather ornaments. I have also done a nascar tree, homemade tree, santa tree, and a snowman tree.

lauriebear777 10-27-2009 09:05 AM

No theme, I change the light with my mood sometimes color sometimes white it depends, but as far as my ornaments well, I use the sameones every year with a new one added each year. I think my Nana's doves are my favorite ornaments of all.

christmasjingles 10-27-2009 10:48 AM

I have never had a themed tree. I like using all the ornaments from past years; I like the tradition and I usually pick up a few new ones each year, as well. And I keep thinking maybe I will start using multi-colored lights again, but I keep sticking with all clear. Even with the clear lights, I have lots of color on my tree. I also have birds that I add to it; some cardinals, some doves, a couple blue jays, etc...

Undrtakr 10-27-2009 11:20 AM

No theme here. Just "stuff". We want to have another tree with a theme though

novelist 10-27-2009 01:24 PM

:tree:Our tree is decorated with a little bit of everything. WE have a angel for a tree top, and all kinds of ornaments. WE put colored lights on the tree, and have a green and red tree skirt. We don't put garland or beadas on the tree though. Whats really special, are the ornaments we have from when my step sons were small, they are so special to my husband and I, in fact, even though the boys aren't little anymore, they can reminesce about the ornaments when they see them on the tree.

momnan30 10-27-2009 03:45 PM

Always a theme at my house. I usually pick out a color scheme I want to try at the end of a season for the next year. Then I shop for bargains in those colors at the end of December into January. It gives me something to be excited about after the holidays end. This year my inspiration will be our family trip to Italy this past June and so I will use the colors of the Italian flag which are crisp red, white and green and will make some decorations using pics of our trip to accent my theme.

mommytotwo 10-27-2009 04:19 PM

Our tree has a mixture of different ornaments, but I am hoping that my tree will one day be a Disney tree. I prefer Disney ornaments that do not have dates on them.:hello: