Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halloween (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   and speaking of trick or treaters.... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1736)

elfworks 10-08-2006 11:58 AM

and speaking of trick or treaters....

what do you do for yours? get bags of candy mix? specific candies? toys? baked goods? do you have a specific container for doling the stuff out?

how do you greet your trick or treaters?

xo

elfworks 10-08-2006 12:03 PM

heehee. i failed to answer my own question!

i have some creepy music and sounds playing. (danse macabre <saintsaens> and lots of other classical scariness) (danse macabre is my fave piece of classical music, just fyi...)

change the outside light to a green bulb. put the candies i a fabulous paier mache pumpkin thatlooks really real. and i greet them in costume. scary living dead kind of thing. i usually do that costume and them something else for any parties i might be attending.

xo

sheepsnot 10-08-2006 12:21 PM

I generally answer the door in a not too scary mask. We're at the top of the stairs and I'd hate to send some poor kid down a flight of stairs over a piece of candy. We give out candy bars, usually. Healthy treats are soon discarded, I have found.
:boo:

mrshfromjersey 10-08-2006 05:58 PM

I already bought our candy, but then we ate it so I have to buy more. BUH! I have a new halloween decoration. It is three pumpkins one top of each other doing See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil. The top pumpkin is hollow and I will put the candy in there when I hand it out.

Ervserver 10-08-2006 06:00 PM

no costume....I'm scary enuff, I hand out mini candy bars. All kinds.

elfworks 10-08-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervserver
no costume....I'm scary enuff

awwwwww. you forget... we have all seen your pic!

xo

TwinkleLights25 10-09-2006 02:16 AM

We always have a mixed bunch of candy that I think mom would buy in a bag/bags. This is my first Halloween away from home (unless we go over there), so if its just me & the hubby, we might have to buy a mixed bag! I don't know how many trick or treaters we'll get around here though. :-o

sheepsnot 10-09-2006 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrshfromjersey
I already bought our candy, but then we ate it so I have to buy more.

I have found it safe only to buy candy a few minutes before the kids start showing up or else it's gone. One year I left them a message to meet me at the store and I would buy it as needed. Good plan. None showed up.

Christy Carol 10-09-2006 06:59 AM

I try to get a mix of chocolate bars and hard candy. I am not sure how many kids we will get this year, this will be our first Halloween in the new house. Last year we only had a few friend's children over.

I did see at the dollar store last week they have pre-made, pre-packaged popcorn balls so I might pick some of those up. I don't know how well they will go over but I used to like getting them as a kid.

Ervserver 10-09-2006 06:30 PM

my folks handed out mini bags of potato chips one year.....actually kids went for em