Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   OFFICAIL: Its the festive season. (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17603)

ryansrs1 11-06-2009 01:38 AM

OFFICAIL: Its the festive season.

Well is for me now Guy Fawks has passed and i suspect it's the same for most of the UK. Everyone now gearing up for the big day and i no of some very early Christmas partys taking place end of Nov. Suppose its simmular to when Thanks Giving has passed in US its then really christmas all the waycheesy.

Got lots planned from here on in. Its great, im feeling like a child again.cheesy

:snowball:

kelly ann 11-06-2009 02:35 AM

Funny you should say that, I was thinking the very same thing right now. Now Guy Fawkes has gone I can now put up my tree without any ridicule! lol
I am so hoping to go into town tomorrow to start my shopping!1 I cant wait, its more exciting than Christmas Day at the moment hahaha.

Are you going to the Winter Wonderland in Three Crosses on the 24th? Im hoping my mum will take the kids for me cos I cant drive. It looks awesome...

And...our lights are being switched on in the town next weekend! so I need to find some Christmassay things to do to get into the spirit cos this year has flown by.....I cant get my head around xmas at all lol

George Broderick, Jr. 11-06-2009 07:55 AM

I'm not quite as versed as I should be in my English history and am sincerely asking this, not trying to upset anyone... but why would you have a "day" for a guy who tried to blow up Parlaiment..?

That'd be like the USA having a Timothy McViegh Day... what am I missing..?

JOHNOR 11-06-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. (Post 199815)
I'm not quite as versed as I should be in my English history and am sincerely asking this, not trying to upset anyone... but why would you have a "day" for a guy who tried to blow up Parlaiment..?

That'd be like the USA having a Timothy McViegh Day... what am I missing..?

i think we celebrate the fact that he didn't succeed? i love bonfire night, had a great night last night and i agree, it's now the start of the season!! i will be watching a christmas film tonight to get me in the mood.

i've got so many christmassy things to do but such little time.

ryansrs1 11-06-2009 09:28 AM

Yeah, im aiming to go on 24th to the winter wounderland-though i think its on at different dates also-will be going though.

1000000% going to the lights switch on next sunday and then the winterwounderland in town-though it will be rammed packed so may wait till it bit less full for the winter wounderland. Hope it aint rain, cold is fine and makes it more christmasy but if i remember right it poured down last year (drizzle i can bear)cheesy.

Go some decs up already and started getting the pressiescheesy, gona put up full house decs by 1st december latest.

Time starts to fly now up untill xmas, so wana get the shopping done by early december so i can just enjoy the month (though i never really stop buying up untill xmas eve.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL:tree: