Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Purchased my first Christmas gifts.... (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17701)

Maebeary 11-08-2009 08:34 AM

Purchased my first Christmas gifts....
 
Yesterday, I gave in and ordered 3 Wii games from Target. They'll be a family gift. It starts my Christmas shopping season. It was so much fun to play some Wii games Friday night with our 25 year old son and 24 year old daughter! :razz:


I'm not counting some gifts for a family my organization is sponsoring. I still need to go out and get another part of those. This year is uncertain because Rick wants to cut out our great nieces and nephews. It's not for lack of money. We're both working and doing okay. I told him that I don't think this is the time to do it. HIs mother passed away back in April and I just don't think we should do it. It will likely happen my way but I'm just not sure.

novelist 11-08-2009 08:54 AM

:snowball:What a great gift. you must be so happy you started your shopping. I've started mine too, and i'm not done yet.

made582 11-08-2009 09:07 AM

Congrulations on getting started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mumof2 11-08-2009 09:24 AM

Good for you..I started mine also.I wona few things for my lil girl on ebay.it feels great doesn't it!:)

christmasjingles 11-08-2009 09:57 AM

oh, how fun!!! My son (who'll be 14 on Christmas) really wants a wii, and I would love to surprise him with it, (although it would be for the family) but I don't think I can afford it this year. If I could get it, it would be the ONLY gift I would be buying.

BrittanyMarie 11-08-2009 10:26 AM

Good for you on getting started!! I am sure you all will enjoy lots of family fun with the gamescheesy

Christmasstar 11-08-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maebeary (Post 200513)
Yesterday, I gave in and ordered 3 Wii games from Target. They'll be a family gift. It starts my Christmas shopping season. It was so much fun to play some Wii games Friday night with our 25 year old son and 24 year old daughter!

That sounds like fun! Our family still plays lots of game together and we plan on getting a WII some day.

ChristmasOfLove 11-08-2009 01:27 PM

I brought my first gifts for my little cousin yesterday. Haha, it makes me excited!

Christmasstar 11-08-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maebeary (Post 200513)
This year is uncertain because Rick wants to cut out our great nieces and nephews. It's not for lack of money. We're both working and doing okay. I told him that I don't think this is the time to do it. HIs mother passed away back in April and I just don't think we should do it. It will likely happen my way but I'm just not sure.

It is always hard to make the decision to stop buying for someone. My sister solved it by buying for everyone until they reached a certain age and then that was it. Everyone knew that would happen so it was OK.

Maebeary 11-08-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmasstar (Post 200637)
It is always hard to make the decision to stop buying for someone. My sister solved it by buying for everyone until they reached a certain age and then that was it. Everyone knew that would happen so it was OK.


I'd be good with stopping at a certain age. But, I want them to know that it will happen. :razz:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin ~ Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1991-2013 My Merry Christmas.com