Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   EEK so excited! (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17704)

MerryNoel 11-08-2009 10:41 AM

EEK so excited!

my fabulous hubby and my even more fabulous father put up the lights today outside... as it is a balmy 17 degrees here in TO :)

not gonna turn them on until the evening of the 12th though....:tree:

frostrabbit 11-08-2009 10:52 AM

Awesome! That's some willpower waiting until the 12th before turning them on, if I put mine up I think I would crack before then! cheesy

Christmasstar 11-08-2009 01:06 PM

Wonderful!!!!

I just came in from outside, raked up all the leaves and we got the lights up on the railing and in the bottom half of the tree and then ran out of lights :-?. I guess i will have to go shopping!!!cheesy

Christmasnut 11-08-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryNoel (Post 200568)
my fabulous hubby and my even more fabulous father put up the lights today outside... as it is a balmy 17 degrees here in TO :)

How awesome is your hubby?? It is 70 degrees here in Cleveland, Ohio and it would be a PERFECT day to put up the lights but MY hubby said NO!! I understand- I told him I wouldn't turn them on 'till Thanksgiving- but he knows me better than that!!

Maebeary 11-08-2009 02:31 PM

THAT would never happen here. My hubby will put them up on the Sunday before Thanksgiving or maybe the day before. Who knows. I have seen one or two trees. If it was just me, I think I'd put it up a bit sooner but since I've had a back problem, I need a little help. It's an exciting time, for sure! :razz:

made582 11-08-2009 02:52 PM

I don't think I would have the will power to wait. If they were up I would want them on.

melindasue 11-08-2009 09:51 PM

REALLY exciting :) good for you!

dearstacey 11-08-2009 11:14 PM

Lucky!

I cannot wait to get ours put up. End of next week. Homeowner's association will not allow until then. :-(

Stacey

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryNoel (Post 200568)

Boogedy 11-08-2009 11:19 PM

Love it!!

DayTek 11-09-2009 05:32 AM

Awesome!

Winter stuff is going up this Weds and hubby mentioned if it was a nice weekend, he'd get the lights up...Last year he did it while the water in the gutters were frozen, he didn't like that...LOL. So he's going for earlier this year.

I do not like this warm weather in November. It snowed last Thursday and I was totally in the spirit! Snow again would help :)

Why is the 12th the magic # to turn them on?