Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Together (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Veteran's Day (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17847)

ReineV 11-11-2009 08:55 AM

Veteran's Day

I'm taking a moment out of my day to thank God for all the brave men and women who tirelessly serve our country. They make a sacrifice only a small few of us are brave enough to make and our soldiers, veterans and their family's will always have my humble gratitude for giving of themselves so selflessly.

This veteran's day is a rough one. My husbands best friend since middle school (best man in our wedding) is stationed at Ft. Hood, where the shooting took place. He has completed two tours of duty to Iraq, and I am so thankful to God he is safe. He texted us soon after it happened to let us know he was alright, but it was so sad and tragic. My heart goes out to all those who were lost in this war and now, here at home.

sugarplum fairy 11-11-2009 09:00 AM

I agree with everything ReineV said. May God watch over all of the men and women serving our country. And thank you to all who have served. As the daughter of an Army veteran, I have heard stories about all the sacrifices and life as a soldier. I appreciate it more than words can say.

justme324 11-11-2009 10:48 AM

God bless our military. Having had two nephews that both served in Iraq I know they deserve the deepest respect and admiration. Thank a soldier or vetran today. They deserve our upmost respect.
Rebecca

Little Elf 11-11-2009 11:04 AM

Here in Canada we have Remembrance Day. We pause this day to remember all who served our country. We have many in our family who are military. I've had a cousin who died in Afghanistan. I have a grandfather, uncles in WWII, my brother, aunt, friends, etc. who have returned safely from Afghanistan. We will never forget the sacrifices you all have made for us all.

Maureen 11-11-2009 12:45 PM

In the UK it's celebrated too. Sunday is the day reserved for the official remembrance services but a minutes silence is still held at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

We shall remember them............

Christmas-A-Holic 11-11-2009 01:09 PM

I give thanks as well to our veterans. I am glad your friend is ok and I pray for all those involved in the tragedy.

Maebeary 11-11-2009 04:33 PM

To all Veterans....

I just want to give all Veterans and current military my thanks for all they've done. May God bless you all! Thank you for your service!

ChristmasFanatic56 11-11-2009 04:34 PM

Ditto!

Head Elf 11-11-2009 06:27 PM

To all of my Brothers and Sisters who have served past and present, for those that are guarding Heaven's Gate. I want to thank those that have served to protect our freedoms. All the fancy words that are expressed, only one needs to be said....THANKS!!!!!

CharlestonNole 11-15-2009 09:14 AM

As a Vet, I'd like to thank the Vets (and those live with, support and wait on them to come home, who are just as important!)