Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Controversy & Opinion (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Atheists Gear Up for Another Bus Campaign Knocking God at Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18765)

ElfBot 12-02-2009 08:40 PM

Atheists Gear Up for Another Bus Campaign Knocking God at Christmas

The American Humanist Association hopes to take the Christ out of Christmas with ads featuring people in Santa Hats preaching atheism.The campaign starts this weekend in Washington, where the group has purchased space on the sides of 200 buses, USA Today reports. The ads are set to appear in four other cities this month.The association’s [...]

More from Defend Christmas...

singingringingtree 12-03-2009 12:49 AM

A UK version of this group (name escapes me), which also did ads on buses, recently picked a photo from a photo library of two very happy and relaxed looking children to feature on new posters, with a message along the lines that 'there is no god so enjoy your life'. What they didn't know was that the image that they picked featured a brother and sister who are both evangelical Christians from a family with strong faith, and the image was taken by their photographer father!

Bradmac 12-03-2009 10:23 AM

I'll never understand these atheist attacks on Christmas. If you don't believe, that's your business. Why try to rain on everyone else's parade with ads attempting to insult those of us who do? :?

mgramsey 12-04-2009 03:07 PM

We should not be surprised. This is spiritual warfare. Read Ephesians 6:12. The people buying these ads are simply being used by the enemy. We must make sure we continue to proclaim the gospel; God the Son left heaven to become a man, to be born of a virgin in a barn, live a perfect life as a model for us, be crucified as a substitution for our sins, was raised from the dead, and ascended back to God the Father in heaven to intercede our our behalf.

Gig Harbor Elf 12-07-2009 12:17 AM

Mgramsey.... Fortunately Wisemen do still seek him! Its also fortunate he came to seek and save that which was lost. He's still seeking!

halfawake454 12-07-2009 02:04 AM

As an atheist myself I'm actually torn about the ads. On the one hand I don't see anything wrong with the ads in and of themselves. I mean almost every single day I see a religious ad. The part that tears me is why they put them out around Christmas. It seems I only ever see the atheist ones come out around Christmas and of course all it is going to do is make believers mad and thus make atheists look even worse than they already do. If such a thing is possible.

Anyway, it's only an ad. If it doesn't apply to you just ignore it and enjoy the holiday season.

bumblee 12-07-2009 07:02 AM

It's all about personal opinion and every one is intitled to it it's the American way even though people often forget for witch it was founded on GOD self expression it is what it is and no one can change it!!!!!!!!:-?