Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Controversy & Opinion (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Athiest Complaint Leads to Removal of Angels, Stars from Christmas Trees (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19180)

ElfBot 12-23-2009 08:50 AM

Athiest Complaint Leads to Removal of Angels, Stars from Christmas Trees
 
There’s no place for angels atop Christmas trees, according to one California man who successfully lobbied for the removal of religious symbols at county buildings after spotting a yuletide decoration last week.Stars and other religious emblems were ordered removed from Christmas trees in all government buildings in Sonoma County on Monday following a complaint by [...]

More from Defend Christmas...

frostrabbit 12-23-2009 08:55 AM

*sigh*. :(

bastones 12-23-2009 12:45 PM

absolute rubbish, we need some common sense in politics.

JanaBanana 12-23-2009 09:07 PM

http://209.85.62.26/6118/52/emo/6.gif

http://209.85.62.26/6118/52/emo/angry.gif

http://209.85.62.26/6118/52/emo/3.gif

christmasjingles 12-24-2009 12:24 AM

how is it that one or maybe a handful of people like this get their way over a great majority??

ChristmasKid77 05-17-2010 12:12 PM

Again, goes back to my theroy that somewhere along the way Christmas and the people that celebrate it became fair game and almost "fashionable" to target.

I dare you to try this with any other religious celebration or tradition.

AuntieMistletoeDear 05-18-2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfBot (Post 215261)
There’s no place for angels atop Christmas trees, according to one California man who successfully lobbied for the removal of religious symbols at county buildings after spotting a yuletide decoration last week.Stars and other religious emblems were ordered removed from Christmas trees in all government buildings in Sonoma County on Monday following a complaint by [...]

More from Defend Christmas...

Okay, I've never had to "swear on the Bible" in court, but was wondering if that's still common practice? Seems to me if folks are granted "a win" in removing stars, Angels, and other Religious images from the court Christmas tree then "swearing on the Bible" and wearing crosses should also be outlawed.

It really is ridiculous. I've never understood why it bothers someone who doesn't believe to see images that have special meaning for those who do. They can decorate their trees their own way, why do they have to lobby to put laws in place? Are they afraid they might catch Religious Fever?

I'm so proud of my city. We still refer to our annual tree lighting ceremony as the Old Fashioned Downtown CHRISTMAS Walk.

G.Bailey 05-18-2010 05:49 AM

This sort of news is sad and unfortunate. They can take away our ability to put such "offensive" things up in public places, but they can never take it away from us in our private lives. Inside and outside our homes can be wall to wall with what makes us happy, and the same goes for what we keep inside us. Lets never let those 16-18% take Christmas from us, maybe we can only show them how happy we really are as they prod thru life looking for things to condemn. Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Billy Battles 05-18-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmasjingles (Post 215497)
how is it that one or maybe a handful of people like this get their way over a great majority??


It's because they speak up. If for every 1 anti- 100 pro- spoke up just to let them know this isn't going to slide than thing probably would be better.

I think things like this should be put on the ballet. Let people have the chance to speak to politions through their vote.

made582 05-18-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Battles (Post 244163)
It's because they speak up. If for every 1 anti- 100 pro- spoke up just to let them know this isn't going to slide than thing probably would be better.

I think things like this should be put on the ballet. Let people have the chance to speak to politions through their vote.



I agree with letting the public vote. It is a public area so let the public decide on what it wants in that area.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin ~ Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1991-2013 My Merry Christmas.com