Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lights & Decorations (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Does anyone still use bubble lights? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19565)

xmas365 02-02-2010 12:10 PM

Does anyone still use bubble lights?

I know it is only Feb. 2 but I was wondering if anyone uses bubble lights on their tree. They are one of my oldest Christmas memories, and I was thinking of adding a strand or 2 to our tree this Christmas.

Annette1990 02-02-2010 12:13 PM

I sure wished I owned some. I do own a bubble light night light. I put it out at Christmas time.

xmas365 02-02-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette1990 (Post 224268)
I sure wished I owned some. I do own a bubble light night light. I put it out at Christmas time.

We got a bubble night light for Christmas, that is what made me want to buy them, because of the flood of memories it brought back to me.

MerryBells 02-02-2010 06:23 PM

YES! I love bubble lights! I have two strings on a small tree that I leave up all year, and when I put up my little tree at work, that has bubble lights too. I also have a "Shiny-Bright" bubble light candolier that sits in front of my monitor stand at work. I have loved the things since I was a kid. They are much improved now; if one goes out, the rest stay lit. I can't tell you how many nights my Mom had to try to find the dead bubble light to stop my sister and I from crying.

jinglewhale 02-02-2010 06:56 PM

I loved bubble lights, but my memories also include when they got "tired" of bubbling and having to thump and thump them to get to work for the night. I would love to try some of the newer ones, but a little pricey for me now.
Jinglewhale from TX

sdkluger 02-02-2010 07:38 PM

I love bubble lights. We have a string of them that we use whenever we can.

Snow-in-Texas 02-03-2010 07:01 AM

When I was a kid we had a small table top tree with light sockets built into the branches, made just for bubble lights. I miss that so much. We thought about getting some for our tree, but we haven't yet.

Bradmac 02-03-2010 07:01 AM

Honestly, I only recently discovered them. I love them, and we had 3 strands on our tree this year!

made582 03-02-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 224270)
We got a bubble night light for Christmas, that is what made me want to buy them, because of the flood of memories it brought back to me.

I was the same way. I got one of the night lights after christmas and plugged it in to make sure it worked. It brought back a flood of memories of my grandmas tree when I was younger and now I want to go buy some for my tree.

MsChristmas 03-02-2010 01:32 PM

Annette, I also have a bubblelight nightlight..I love it! I also have one for Halloween which is really cute..with the orange liquid and a little ghost on the front! My parents had them on the tree when I was younger and I believe my Mom still has her originals from the 1970's. They are so pretty!